Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Compboy View Post
    I had the same issue. 3.0.8.1. Sound Notification's turned off.
    upgrade to 3.0.9. and they are on. after turning them off per bookmark it worked.
    Could you please zip the backup folder in your configuration location (most likely %AppData%\TS3Client ) and attach it or upload it somewhere and post the link?

We've identified the issue and the dev team is fixing it for future client releases. The problem is related to an earlier change to the "sound pack per bookmark" feature that was introduced with client 3.0.2 and occurs when you've not changed your existing bookmarks for a long time.

Please note that the fix won't affect users where the disaster already happened. To resolve the problem manually, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Options > Notifications and select the sound pack of your choice
    2. Open the Bookmarks Manager and hit the More button at the bottom of the dialog
    3. For every single bookmark, switch the Sound Pack combo box on the lower right to Default

This will instruct the client to use the global default sound pack you've selected in the Options dialog for your bookmarked servers. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and promise to do better in the future.

*** UPDATE ***
    The next client release (probably 3.0.9.1 tomorrow) will have a nifty new button in the Options dialog to enable the selected sound pack for all of your bookmarks. This will make the manual fix easier if you have lots and lots of bookmarks.

http://250kb.de/u/121024/j/qY7csOSowFSN.jpg

*** UPDATE ***
    Client 3.0.9.1 is now available via our BETA channel.
    Last edited by ScP; October 24th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

same here cannot deactivate sounds. I can deactivate in self but when I shut down and restart ts3 sounds are activated again

TTS on version 3.0.9.1 not working properly

Quote Originally Posted by Purplewolf142 View Post
    Sometime over the last week, all of my text to speech notifications stopped playing. I can still hear other users and they can hear me, but I don't get ANY Teamspeak channel/connection/message notifications through text to speech. I did a COMPLETE reinstall and the problem was still there... I might also add that the original soundpack still works, but I want text to speech! This problem originated before my latest client update today, and has remained present. I might also add that if I try to play a sound in Options > Notifications with text to speech, I get an error in my client log:

2010-10-27 18:11:57.615800 ClientUI Warning Error querying output muted status when playing soundscript: 1799

Help!!

-PW
    My problem started after installing the latest client version 3.0.9.1
    TTS was working properly. Now when people join channel, server, etc. it only says "User joined your channel"
    It no longer says the user's name. Anyone else who upgraded to this version notice this? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    These settings are stored for each bookmark individually.
    In Bookmarks -> manage bookmarks -> more make sure soundpack says "sounds deactivated" for the bookmark in question.
    When connecting through the connect dialog there is the same drop down selection in that dialog as well.

If you are connected to the server you can also just click self -> sound pack -> sounds deactivated.

This does not work for me. The only one that mutes the sound notifications is the one in the Self tab but, this is not a permanent fix. You have to do this each time you enter a server even if you did the "fix" before.

Thumbs down Cant deactivate notification sounds

Hi,

since one of the latest updates I can't deactivate the sounds for notifications anymore. I've tried to reset all my settings, reinstalled teamspeak, removed all checkers from every singe notification, and so on ........

There seems to be nothing that helps. Since I'm usually at a server with about 500 users I get notified every 3 seconds, "User joined", "User left." How to turn this off???

Regards BS

Quote Originally Posted by blackshadow3 View Post
    since one of the latest updates I can't deactivate the sounds for notifications anymore. I've tried to reset all my settings, reinstalled teamspeak, removed all checkers from every singe notification, and so on ........
    Ok. I think this thread could help you:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...0-9-1-Released

Same issue here. After the 3.0.9.1 update I can't enable TTS anymore it seems to be stuck on the "Default Sound pack (female)" even if I select text to speech.

EDIT: Of course after posting this I found a thread with the solution:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...0-9-1-Released

Make sure you properly set it up for the correct bookmark, that you are using the bookmark and make sure to apply the changes...
    You might also want to try the new button in the options dialog.

How can I deactivate sound (spoken) notifications???

After last update (3.0.9.2) my ts3-client suddenly "speaks" again (i.e. "microfone muted", "channel switched", etc). Where can I turn it off? I checked Options->Notifications, sound pack is deactivated. What can I do more? Even "while output muted" has "play no sounds" setting, yet TS3-client "speaks" even when I mute microphone

BTW, why this client (3.0.9.2) does not respect settings user already made? I updated TS-client many times, but it never re-activated these spoken notifications, which I already turned off (I find it quite annoying)...

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    After last update (3.0.9.2) my ts3-client suddenly "speaks" again (i.e. "microfone muted", "channel switched", etc). Where can I turn it off? I checked Options->Notifications, sound pack is deactivated. What can I do more? Even "while output muted" has "play no sounds" setting, yet TS3-client "speaks" even when I mute microphone

BTW, why this client (3.0.9.2) does not respect settings user already made? I updated TS-client many times, but it never re-activated these spoken notifications, which I already turned off (I find it quite annoying)...
    The soundpack is selected from the bookmarks (from several client versions ago).

If you want the configuration present in "Notifications" for all of your connections, just click on the icon to the left of the sound pack selector.

Remember: you have to reconnect after clicking because the bookmark is applied when you connect.

After 3.0.9.2. update , Client will not remember my sound pack

After 3.0.9.2. update , TS3 WILL NOT REMEMBER SOUND PACK choice after i reboot TS3

Notification flooding even when it's turned off

I'm getting the female voice notifications even though Options > Notifications is set to Sounds Deactivated. Is there a fix please?

Voice notifications not working properly since recent updates

We can't seem to get the voice notifications to work the same way they were prior to the recent updates. Notifications used to say the client name, but now it says user left server or buddy left channel or timed out.

I have clicked everything in the options/notifications menu. I would really love to have that feature back. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

the only way I could fix this was under the Self tab --Sound Pack and select the one I want. setting default in bookmarks didn't work and under options -- Notifications doesn't work either. I know this is old but I finally decide to see what was up with the sounds.

Thread Information