Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak 3 Server Startup Script

Hey all I recently ran into an issue where my mac mini that I run my ts3 server restarted itself and did not properly restart my TS3 server. As frustrating as this was I set out to fix it but only found one tutorial that requires a user to setup a daemon on their mac to start the server at logon. I used to write scripts for people to get their vent servers up and running so I threw together a quick one for this application as well. I created an app out of it so that it can be double clicked and run or you can add it to your users login items and have it start with your machine on reboots. All you have to do is place the script in the same folder where your ts3 server folder is located and point your logon items to the app and your set. For example if your ts3 server folder is installed in your user folder like mine this is what it will look like.

/Users/#YourName#/

Now inside this folder is where you can find my teamspeak3-server_mac folder that contains the server files. So place the Teamspeak 3 Server Start.app next to this folder and double click to run it and make sure it will work for you. As long as everything fires up correctly you can go to System Preferences/Accounts and select your logon name then click on login items. Click the little plus sign at the bottom of the window to add a new one and navigate to the script which should be at.

/Users/#YourName#/Teamspeak 3 Server Start.app

Click the box under the hide catagory if you want the os to automatically minimize the window at startup after is launches the script and your done. Now everytime your mac restarts itself one of the first things it will do at startup is relaunch your teamspeak server.

Feel free to ask any questions and happy gaming!

Griffen8280

Edit by mod
    Please add your app on the addons web site : http://addons.teamspeak.com
    Last edited by florian_fr40; December 18th, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thank you, but I still need help. I only found an teamspeak 3 server start.app with a popup which needs to be clicked on order to start the server. Any chance you could upload your script or tell me how to write it ? I failed so many times

Thread Information