Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

How to receive/send strings in the teamspeak chatbox

I currently host a teamspeak 3 server, and am currently on holidays, so with my free time and my (somewhat ok) programming skills I'm going to make a C# application that opens up any web page requested by the clients (e.g. the client types "!listen [page url]" in the chatbox) and the bot plays any sound found on that webpage.

The bot actually consists of the real client connecting to its own server that is constantly broadcasting any sound that is on the computer. So if a client does request "!listen [youtube link here]" they will hear the sound of that link therefore have the ability to send grooveshark playlists, youtube songs etc all just by typing !listen.

So all I need is a way to send and receive strings in the teamspeak chatbox, I can do the rest. I have never used the teamspeak SDK and am not that good with C++. I am also lost on how to correctly make a wrapper to implement the teamspeak SDK functions in C#. Please help.

(it doesnt even have to use the SDK, mabye some windows API?, for example look at this really old post here.) Please help, any reply is appreciated and I am willing to quickly learn different ways to approach this.

Thanks,
    Xanather!

You could try the ClientQueryPlugin
    With that you can handle events like receiving a message and you are able to send messages through it.

See http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ht=clientquery

Accessing the teamspeak query though TCP/IP

I am writing a program in C# that accesses the team speak query though sockets and the port 10011. I have code well so far, can receive the welcome message correctly and am automatically timed out after 2 minutes or so. My problem is that messages I send are not being replied too. I KNOW my code is fine. So here is my question...

What are query commands supposed to be sent as? Simple string? (e.g. "login serveradmin password") or is there something special to it? (e.g. cmd:login serveradmin password). Is there any documentation on this sort of stuff?

Thank you.
    Xanather.

Edit by mod
    Thread Merged.
    Please don't open another thread for the same topic.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 18th, 2012 at 08:38 AM.

Hello

You have the query documentation in the server folder (doc folder) or here : http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=literature

I did it! I am so silly, thank you for the replies, it took me hours to find out that I only needed to add a \n symbol(s) at the end of writing to the stream so that the server thinks the message is "completed" grrrr!!!!! Lol thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanather View Post
    I am writing a program in C# that accesses the team speak query though sockets and the port 10011. I have code well so far, can receive the welcome message correctly and am automatically timed out after 2 minutes or so. My problem is that messages I send are not being replied too. I KNOW my code is fine. So here is my question...

What are query commands supposed to be sent as? Simple string? (e.g. "login serveradmin password") or is there something special to it? (e.g. cmd:login serveradmin password). Is there any documentation on this sort of stuff?

Thank you.
    Xanather.

Edit by mod
    Thread Merged.
    Please don't open another thread for the same topic.
    You could also use the .NET Libary by scordo, then you don't have to implement the Query:
    http://ts3querylib.codeplex.com/

Thread Information