Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Ts3 has problems when running with other programs

I think I have the same problem with this guy http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/71025-ts3-lagg-in-games. I am using other programs at the same time and nothing bad happens but when I use teamspeak with any program my sounds starts cracking and my programs start laging. Its not exactly lag, its more like some information dont go through.

Someone said it might be a problem with my outgoing data and I have to talk to my ISP, wich shouldnt be the problem since I have a 24mbps connection and TS shouldnt use it all alone in order to make everything else lag.
    Someone else said its because I have windows vusta 32 and I heed to get windows7. I wouldnt like to have as my only option to buy a new OS.
    I have been wondering if a sound card would fix it since I dont have one but its cheep to get.
    My cpu seams to be fine on my task manager since it wont even reach 70% usaged and I have an intel quad core 3.00 and my drivers seam to be up to date.
    Please help me, I need teamspeak.

--- Merged ---

Well I want to note that I disabled the exclusive mode application priority but the problem is still there. In case thats the reason i am not getting a reply.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

I'm having same problem when running Ts3 with VRC. I can transmit and receive when running Ts3 by itself. Once I open VRC there begins to be a very bad latency issue when transmitting voice in Ts3 to the point that Ts3 has a "Not Responding" on its Title Bar. If I close VRC, the problem goes away and Ts3 works fine..

I also monitored my CPU and Physical Memory and they don't appear to be a problem. I also downloaded the latest version of DirectX and that didn't fix it.

My next area to look at will be the graphics and sound card conflicts with Ts3.

Any other ideas?

--- Merged ---

Try unchecking DirectX overlay plugin

goto settings> plugins> and uncheck the DirectX overlay plugin. That fixed my problem

I tried that already, it didnt work sadly. Ty for suggesting though.

Try run TS3 as Admin

first thing i tried. even tried to turn off the account control but its still there. I am in a point that I think I tried everything... Honestly.

Hello.

Client 3.0.3 has been released. Please, try with it.

Greetings.

just removed old version and got 3.0.3
    same thing! I kinda beg for help here!

--- Merged ---

Can anyone at least tell me, where is the problem located? Is there chance to be fixed with a sound card?

I am having serious issues as well withTeamspeak 3.0.5 and VRC. Every so often, it locks up, or the mic stays open, can't see who's talking, then it seems to work itself out or more often the case have to logoff then back on. I lost count last night how many times Teamspeak crashed, had a stuck mic. Frustrating for me and irritating for fellow controllers. Just switched from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with 6gb of memory in an effort to fix the problems and am still working out the bugs.

I am wondering if I potentially have a conflict with the VRC sound device setup.
    1. Do I want the same audio device setup on TeamSpeak that I have with VRC? ie. DirectSound on VRC, DirectSound on TeamSpeak or do I want to have one running DirectSound and the other running Wave?
    2. Who else is having TeamSpeak issues? Is there something else at fault that I am not aware of? Are there any subtle settings for VRC that need to be set that I am unaware of?

At the suggestion of another controller, I am using DirectSound on TeamSpeak and Wave on VRC. This good to go or are there other ideas about this?
    Last edited by olkev; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Okay so I am back I went and bought a sound card and it started causing me blue screens so I removed it.

Now I changed my pc OS to Windows7 but same thing happens! Teamspeak just lags so bad!
    It must be a problem with my hardware since after the format I only installed what was needed. No extra thingies!
    Please help!

I have the same problem as Olkev:

Version: 3.0.5 Qt: 4.7.2

I recently upgraded the TS3 version to the above. Didn't have any problems prior to the upgrade. The following experienced:

1. Xmit light lags 5 secs or more from push to talk and release
    2. I can hear others speaking , but they cannot hear me
    3. "Not Responding" appears at the top of the TS screen
    4. It interferes tremendously in-games to the point that lag makes them unplayable.

Anyone else seeing this? It appears to be programming conflicts, but I don't know where to start.

Coastal

Thread Information