Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Client 3.0.3 Security level bug

Hi,

I found a little bug with the security levels.

For exemple, i made a new profile, i wanted to jump to lvl 29 but gradually.
    So i put 25, and the client just updated from 8 to 25 without problem within a minute.

Then, i added one level, and the client went from 25 to 26 in less than a second.
    that was the first little bug.

I then upgraded to lvl 27, but then, surprise, in less than a minute the upgrade was done but the client put me directly on lvl 29 and not 27 !

So the bug is that sometime, the client is just jumping from one lvl to 2-3-4 lvl further in less than a minute.

For example, Florian could jump from 8 to 29 in less than a minute !
    I talked with him about it before reporting and he agreed with me that it's a bug

Hope it's clear enough

It's random, when your level get raised.
    It could also need a year, but such a small hush does not need that long in normal cases.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

yes and on my test, it happens on every new profile that i make ^^
    The random is that it's not always on the same lvl that this bug happens.

The time is not the problem here.
    (We have already discussed yesterday with Toto.)

The problem here, is the requested level.
    If the level 27 is asked (from 25) we get 29
    If the level 25 is asked (from 8) we get 29
    etc

+ it IS a bug, so i don't know why you tag it as solved and take it this lightly.
    Isn't the purpose of the security level to have some specific amount of time to make a certain lvl on a server befor you can join them ?
    What is the purpose of it, if i can make a lvl 29 (and even more i'm sure) in less than a minute when it should take at least 30 min ?
    It makes the features totally bugged and useless and it will no more fit its purpose.

So, i think you have not understood the nature of the bug or you're really careless of some bugs within the client...
    One or the other sounds not correct and will not encourage to continue submit feedback and bug reports.... . (As those kind of answers are not new....)

it IS a bug, so i don't know why you tag it as solved and take it this lightly.
    Isn't the purpose of the security level to have some specific amount of time to make a certain lvl on a server befor you can join them ?
    What is the purpose of it, if i can make a lvl 29 (and even more i'm sure) in less than a minute when it should take at least 30 min ?
    It makes the features totally bugged and useless and it will no more fit its purpose.
    The way the security level system works, is like hashcash, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashcash - it requests a (configurable) amount of average hashes that you will have to make to improve your identity. The key here is average. If you are lucky enough, you have a security level of 70 with your first initial identity, but the chances are astronomically small . So, you can get lucky with it, but in average (if you do it with a couple of identities) the time to get to a certain level will be met. Some identities will be level 30 from the get go, and some might take 10 times the amount of expected time to calculate, but this is expected behavior, it is not a bug.

So then it is random.... So i don't see the use of security lvl under lvl 30 (taking day(s)) to generate as everything under can be make (and from my test, kinda often) under 2 min...

Thread Information