Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

config error

the plugin is not making the files in the %appdata% folder i tried making it my self but it don't seem like its reading it at all cause, i cant see to get it to work any others having this problem? if i lick the button to send the song info it does just wont read the config file. also under the plugin box on ts the settings button is grayed out here is a screen shot of it http://prntscr.com/9hekrc

my config looks like this
    channel_message=Bot is now playing {title}.
    applications={title}
    bound_to_unique_id=
    enable_applications=0
    auto_channel_message=1
    refresh_rate_milliseconds=1000

i found the problem, the ini file is in the teamspeak install folder under configs and not in the appdata
    Last edited by konaguy; December 22nd, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

Yo everybody !

I know this post is now into the abyss but I'd like to pull it out.

I'd like to use "Now Playing" plugin on my Mac but this is only compatible with win. Can someone do something about it ?
    If not, can someone explain me how to do it ? I have no idea on how to create a plugin for TeamSpeak.

+ I have 2 identities connected at the same time : one is my bot music and the other is to speak with people. Will it spam the music name in both tab ?

Thanks

Possibility of releasing the code?

Screech,

I understand that you have a lot you are busy with at the moment, and have neither the time nor the desire to work on this plugin right now. I also think you have done an awesome job in building this plugin which many of us use all the time and very much respect the time and effort that went into the development of the plugin up to this point.

However

Due to your limited time, could I request that you make the source for this plugin available on github?

As a programmer myself, when I find bugs in plugins or little programs that I use, I always like to track down the bug and actually fix it instead of whining on a forum to a dev who has better things to work on. Unfortunately due to the closed nature of the source of this plugin (unless you released the code somewhere I can't locate) I can't do anything but whine on this forum and hope that you might get around to fixing the spotify bug (which I think I already have a solution for). I know that this is your project, however there is also a whole set of users that would like to continue using this plugin.

So I would humbly request that you release the code for this plugin, like your predecessor did with the original version of the plugin. Because he released the code, you were able to take over and create a great plugin that worked amazing for several years due to your hard work. However, we are now reaching that point again where bugs and features are no longer being added because you as the developer are unable to continue developing the plugin. Meanwhile, there is at least one user (me) who would like to keep this project alive and would rather not be forced to start from scratch.

I read your response to releasing the source in the older thread and can somewhat understand that point of view, and totally believe that you should be able to decide what happens to your own code. However, from my perspective as a user of this plugin, it seems negligent to force users of your software to either go without it, use a broken version, or develop their own. I probably could re-create this plugin if I had to, but I would so much rather just keep this one going.

So again, I would like to see this plugin to continue to have support, however from your previous replies it appears that none of the current bugs are going to be fixed any time soon, let alone adding support for any new features. The only real solution I see is allowing others to help you keep this project alive.

Thank you,

KroniK907
    Last edited by KroniK907; January 6th, 2016 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KroniK907 View Post
    Screech,

I understand that you have a lot you are busy with at the moment, and have neither the time nor the desire to work on this plugin right now. I also think you have done an awesome job in building this plugin which many of us use all the time and very much respect the time and effort that went into the development of the plugin up to this point.

However

Due to your limited time, could I request that you make the source for this plugin available on github?

As a programmer myself, when I find bugs in plugins or little programs that I use, I always like to track down the bug and actually fix it instead of whining on a forum to a dev who has better things to work on. Unfortunately due to the closed nature of the source of this plugin (unless you released the code somewhere I can't locate) I can't do anything but whine on this forum and hope that you might get around to fixing the spotify bug (which I think I already have a solution for). I know that this is your project, however there is also a whole set of users that would like to continue using this plugin.

So I would humbly request that you release the code for this plugin, like your predecessor did with the original version of the plugin. Because he released the code, you were able to take over and create a great plugin that worked amazing for several years due to your hard work. However, we are now reaching that point again where bugs and features are no longer being added because you as the developer are unable to continue developing the plugin. Meanwhile, there is at least one user (me) who would like to keep this project alive and would rather not be forced to start from scratch.

I read your response to releasing the source in the older thread and can somewhat understand that point of view, and totally believe that you should be able to decide what happens to your own code. However, from my perspective as a user of this plugin, it seems negligent to force users of your software to either go without it, use a broken version, or develop their own. I probably could re-create this plugin if I had to, but I would so much rather just keep this one going.

So again, I would like to see this plugin to continue to have support, however from your previous replies it appears that none of the current bugs are going to be fixed any time soon, let alone adding support for any new features. The only real solution I see is allowing others to help you keep this project alive.

Thank you,

KroniK907
    I never had the code as a closed copy right, just when I was still working through a few things didn't put out new source until I was ready. The source code is on my website. Currently though that is also down and I've not had time to fix that either. I do not have access the source code at home as a few months ago my main computer dead and I've not even had time to address that, could be power supply, motherboard or even CPU but I've not had the time to even troubleshoot it. All I have right now while away from work is a cell phone and a laptop that was given to me. Just been having one of those years.

Fair enough mate.

I hope you can catch a break eventually!

Cheers

[Bug?] Only displaying the last characters of the song

Hey, I got a little problem with this plugin :/

It seems that when I play a song on Spotify, it just randomly displays only the last characters of this song in the chat.

I thought maybe you guys could help me

It is a known bug, Spotify changed something. On a side note, I have gotten my server running again for now and source code can be downloaded again. Looks like source is for a newer build that I released as compiled, not sure off hand what was changed as my development machine is still off line.

On honestly I'm surprised its working as good after over 2 years as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RatedPale View Post
    Hey, I got a little problem with this plugin :/

It seems that when I play a song on Spotify, it just randomly displays only the last characters of this song in the chat.

I thought maybe you guys could help me
    I fixed the method the plugin detects the songtitles.

(Spotify changed the window title from "Spotify - SONGTITLE" to "SONGTITLE". That's why the first 10 letters got deleted from the plugin, as it tries to remove the "Spotify - " Part, which is already gone -> deletes letters from the title.)

http://puu.sh/mtuje/7e60ebb907.dll -now_playing_x64.dll
    http://puu.sh/mturr/27de617408.dll - now_playing_win32.dll

I send the modified source + .dll's to the author (screech), so he should verify it's working as intended (so there is no backdoor, etc.).

Hey guys,
    First of all, the plugin is great. However, I have a couple of questions:
    1) Can the plugin display the name of the song in your NICKNAME? That would be perfection. I know it can send the name of the song to the TS channel, however after a while the "BLING" sound gets annoying (I don't want to remove the sound because I like knowing when someone else writes something in chat).

2) I'd like to know if it would be possible for the plugin to accept another player. In this case, I'd like to have MUSIC BEE in the list. How hard would it be to add this? Could anyone help me out?

Also, to anyone who is looking for the best free music player out there, MUSIC BEE is actually the best.

Thanks.

First off, thanks to screech to getting the source back online!

Secondly, thanks to Zweistein2 for fixing the spotify issue!

Thirdly:

2) I'd like to know if it would be possible for the plugin to accept another player. In this case, I'd like to have MUSIC BEE in the list. How hard would it be to add this? Could anyone help me out?
    Im sure it might be possible, but you are going to have to code it yourself at this point since screech has been busy as he previously stated.

Now Playing Unofficial Repository

To maintain the source at a second location in case of another outage or in the case that screech decides to take down his source I have set up an Unofficial Github repository of the source of this plugin.

Unofficial Repo
    https://github.com/KroniK907/NowPlayingPlugin

• This repo will allow others to more effectively contribute through pull requests.
    • This repo will also maintain unofficial releases with bug fixes and features that have been added as pull requests.
    • This repo will attempt to maintain a todo list of requested features and bugs.
    • I also intend to attempt to keep the source up to date with screech as he adds bug fixes and features.
    • I will also publish his official releases on the release page of the repo.

The current source and release in the repo includes the spotify fix

I simply intend to try and maintain a backup of what has been done with this plugin, as well as a platform for others to contribute as they wish and give their additions back to the community.

Also, Screech. If you have a github account, I will definitely add you as a collaborator for this repo if you wish. That would allow you to directly commit to the repo.
    Last edited by KroniK907; January 16th, 2016 at 04:39 AM.

Thirdly:

Im sure it might be possible, but you are going to have to code it yourself at this point since screech has been busy as he previously stated.
    Hey buddy,
    Yeah I gathered as much. Unfortunately my coding knowledge is actually under zero. I was wondering if anyone had already done it, or if anyone with experience was willing to help me do it. I gather it probably isn't TOO hard to do, but obviously it's something someone has to sit down and invest time into.

Thanks for the response.

Take care.

EDIT: And thanks for providing another host and a more updated version of this great plugin!

To maintain the source at a second location in case of another outage or in the case that screech decides to take down his source I have set up an Unofficial Github repository of the source of this plugin.

Unofficial Repo
    https://github.com/KroniK907/NowPlayingPlugin

• This repo will allow others to more effectively contribute through pull requests.
    • This repo will also maintain unofficial releases with bug fixes and features that have been added as pull requests.
    • This repo will attempt to maintain a todo list of requested features and bugs.
    • I also intend to attempt to keep the source up to date with screech as he adds bug fixes and features.
    • I will also publish his official releases on the release page of the repo.

The current source and release in the repo includes the spotify fix

I simply intend to try and maintain a backup of what has been done with this plugin, as well as a platform for others to contribute as they wish and give their additions back to the community.

Also, Screech. If you have a github account, I will definitely add you as a collaborator for this repo if you wish. That would allow you to directly commit to the repo.
    Thanks, put source on github something I've never had time to look into doing, hence my zip file downloads. I looked again at the downloads on my site and it looks like the source was newer than the released versions, not sure what I changed off hand.

Between work and taking on more responsibility in racing community not sure I will have time to get back to this project.

I'll have to see if I have a github account or make one.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zweistein2 View Post
    I fixed the method the plugin detects the songtitles.

(Spotify changed the window title from "Spotify - SONGTITLE" to "SONGTITLE". That's why the first 10 letters got deleted from the plugin, as it tries to remove the "Spotify - " Part, which is already gone -> deletes letters from the title.)

http://puu.sh/mtuje/7e60ebb907.dll -now_playing_x64.dll
    http://puu.sh/mturr/27de617408.dll - now_playing_win32.dll

I send the modified source + .dll's to the author (screech), so he should verify it's working as intended (so there is no backdoor, etc.).
    Thanks, it worked !

Changes not visible when editing the 'auto_channel_message'

Hi,

I'm using TeamSpeak version 3.0.18.2, 64 bit. Downloaded your Plugin and followed the installation instructions.
    Bot works great, plays tracks just as you described.

I now want to have the bot automatically post the name of the song in the channel each time a track is played.
    I've edited the 'now_playing_x64' using Notepad++ so that the 'auto_channel_message' is set to '1' but when I launch my TS and place the bot in a channel, it does not display the song like I want it to. In fact, it doesn't display anything unless I manually type '/nowplaying foo'.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Cheers,
    Ben

Thread Information