Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    I love this plugin it works pretty good~ However, is there a way to make it so that it only pm the songs when ppl request for it instead of having to put it on auto. It spams the channel and its flooding :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheLocalMilitia View Post
    Hi,

I'm using TeamSpeak version 3.0.18.2, 64 bit. Downloaded your Plugin and followed the installation instructions.
    Bot works great, plays tracks just as you described.

I now want to have the bot automatically post the name of the song in the channel each time a track is played.
    I've edited the 'now_playing_x64' using Notepad++ so that the 'auto_channel_message' is set to '1' but when I launch my TS and place the bot in a channel, it does not display the song like I want it to. In fact, it doesn't display anything unless I manually type '/nowplaying foo'.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Cheers,
    Ben
    Did you set the UID of the bot in the config file?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanKing View Post
    I love this plugin it works pretty good~ However, is there a way to make it so that it only pm the songs when ppl request for it instead of having to put it on auto. It spams the channel and its flooding :P
    If you don't want the bot spamming current best option would be to have the guest also install the plugin, then they can click the bot at anytime and see the current track in the info pane. While what you are asking could likely be done, I have no time for such changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Did you set the UID of the bot in the config file?

If you don't want the bot spamming current best option would be to have the guest also install the plugin, then they can click the bot at anytime and see the current track in the info pane. While what you are asking could likely be done, I have no time for such changes.
    Okay~ Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanKing View Post
    Okay~ Thank you
    Also, I had my bot channel spamming but I added the bot to my contacts and set it to ignore text from the bot, so to me since I had the plugin there was no spam, but for those that didn't want the plugin there was still the channel spam.

Is it possible to set up a 2nd instance of Now Playing?

I know I would need a second UID (got to figure out how to change a UID).

I run 2 Music Bots in 2 different servers, but both use the same UID, I also run 2 different streams of music (One is gamer music, the other is variety of music (rock, metal, etc).

So both bots show the Gaming music on the Now playing. I need 1 bot to show the gaming music, and the other bot to show the regular music.

Is this possible to do?

Not working with spotify?

Hey, I'm using this plugin with spotify.
    But I got a little problem with it, it doesn't announce the whole title.
    It says things like:
    <18:11:56> "Music Bot": I'm playing rleader.
    When it has to be: OMI Chearleader
    <17:58:55> "Music Bot": I'm playing Jagger.
    When it has to be: Moves Like Jagger

Etc.

I hope you can fix this, or say me what I did do wrong that caused this problem.

~Schorpioen

Not completely working with spotify?

Hey all.

I'm using this plugin a bit with spotify right now becouse VLC didn't work on my computer with this plugin.
    But I have a little problem with it, when it says the song names it says sometimes the whole name and sometimes not.
    Example:
    <19:41:03> "Music Bot": I'm playing rgeous - DVBBS & Borgeous - TSUNAMI (Original Mix).
    <19:39:31> "Music Bot": I'm playing Galantis - Runaway (U & I).

I hope someone can help me fix this issue.

~Schorpioen

Quote Originally Posted by Schorpioen View Post
    Hey all.

I'm using this plugin a bit with spotify right now becouse VLC didn't work on my computer with this plugin.
    But I have a little problem with it, when it says the song names it says sometimes the whole name and sometimes not.
    Example:
    <19:41:03> "Music Bot": I'm playing rgeous - DVBBS & Borgeous - TSUNAMI (Original Mix).
    <19:39:31> "Music Bot": I'm playing Galantis - Runaway (U & I).

I hope someone can help me fix this issue.

~Schorpioen

Hi

use the Unofficial Repo:

https://github.com/KroniK907/NowPlayingPlugin/releases

"This is a bug release that fixes the issue with spotify."

FAaBbiii

Quote Originally Posted by KroniK907 View Post
    To maintain the source at a second location in case of another outage or in the case that screech decides to take down his source I have set up an Unofficial Github repository of the source of this plugin.

Unofficial Repo
    https://github.com/KroniK907/NowPlayingPlugin

• This repo will allow others to more effectively contribute through pull requests.
    • This repo will also maintain unofficial releases with bug fixes and features that have been added as pull requests.
    • This repo will attempt to maintain a todo list of requested features and bugs.
    • I also intend to attempt to keep the source up to date with screech as he adds bug fixes and features.
    • I will also publish his official releases on the release page of the repo.

The current source and release in the repo includes the spotify fix

I simply intend to try and maintain a backup of what has been done with this plugin, as well as a platform for others to contribute as they wish and give their additions back to the community.

Also, Screech. If you have a github account, I will definitely add you as a collaborator for this repo if you wish. That would allow you to directly commit to the repo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerzfanz21 View Post
    Is it possible to set up a 2nd instance of Now Playing?

I know I would need a second UID (got to figure out how to change a UID).

I run 2 Music Bots in 2 different servers, but both use the same UID, I also run 2 different streams of music (One is gamer music, the other is variety of music (rock, metal, etc).

So both bots show the Gaming music on the Now playing. I need 1 bot to show the gaming music, and the other bot to show the regular music.

Is this possible to do?
    Due to the player scanning being configured/handled at the client instance level and not server connection instance is is not a simple process. So officially that is not supported.

But you may be able to do it, would require you to have 2 installs of TS3 with a different location for the config files for each install. You would have to use 2 different supported music players. In instance A you would have to scan only for the player on that client/server and in instance B scan for the other music player. The Client UID would not matter. If you must use the same player for both you would have to look into running on separate machines (physically or virtually).

Please see posts below, this post is incorrect.

The Client UID would not matter.
    I guess this is partly true, but it could affect the mute when alone feature which is bound to UIDs. So if one bot has a listener it would unmute, as would the other bot, because it can't tell them apart.
    Last edited by laserspong; April 18th, 2016 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Incorrect information

Quote Originally Posted by laserspong View Post
    I guess this is partly true, but it could affect the mute when alone feature which is bound to UIDs. So if one bot has a listener it would unmute, as would the other bot, because it can't tell them apart.
    I think your statement is false. If he chooses to run two instances of TeamSpeak (whether on same system with distinct data paths or different systems) the UID can be configured differently or the same (just depends on how he sets of the UID of the bots in them) as needed and any muting in one instance of the client has no impact on the other instance.

Further, if I remember right the mute/unmute was handled at the server connection handler level if enabled and the UID matched that of the bot's, so if one unmutes it should not impact the other anyway.

I will say it would be possible to update the plugin to support his goals in a single instance, I just don't have the time. Config file would have to be updated to group settings for a UID allowing multiple bot UIDs per instance. Ideally the toggles that are on the menu would move to a right-click on client context menu. Could even have an add/remove selected UID as MusicBot option to make managing the musicBot UIDs easier. Would require changes to core of how it runs though and may require an additional thread for every UID that is active as a music bot for the scanning and updates.

Further, if I remember right the mute/unmute was handled at the server connection handler level if enabled and the UID matched that of the bot's, so if one unmutes it should not impact the other anyway.
    Just tested it, you are correct. It goes by server connection. Good to know! Editing post above to avoid confusion.

two user one plugin

I have a problem with the now playing plugin.
    I connect to my channel with two user at the same time, in the same PC: one is my user that I use to talk with friends and the other user is a bot with Spotify. I installed the nowplaying plugin but cause there are two user, the automatic message of the song is playing is sent by the two user. Can I disable the plugin to one user?

This is what happens, the messages are:
    Sara (where I talk): Is listening: {song}
    Spotify(music streamer): Is listening: {song}

Thanks!

Multiple UIDs

How can I add multiple UIDs to the plugin, can i just put a ; between the UIDs (example;example2) or?

Multiple UID's

How can I set multiple UID's in the plugin settings, can I just ; (example;example2), or do I have to do something else?

Thread Information