Forum

File transfer Quota and bandwidth

I know you must have seen this somethere, I have been googling and looking all over the forums, and could not find the answer, so any that could help please do, Thanks.

I am hosting a server on a VPS I rent, and I need some help [understanding/setting up] File transfer settings.

This is how I think it works (please tell me if I am wrong):
    Bandwidth Limit: 3932160 Byte/s [both upload and download] <<(this tells me that:

1 - The server can upload/download upto 30Mb/s total, so if 2+ users are downloading both can not go over 30Mb/s combined,
    2 - This is a hard number and will not/can not be changed by a channel/group/client perm.

Upload/Download Quota: 1,000,000 MB <<(this tells me that:

1 - That the files uploaded/Downloaded to/from the server can not be more then ~1TB of HHD space in one(1) months time. total Bandwidth can not be more then ~1TB ether way.
    2 - This is a hard number and will not/can not be changed by a channel/group/client perm.

so all this means to me is:

1- Clients can upload to the server at 30Mb/s upto ~1TB of data per month.
    2- Clients can download from the server at 30Mb/s upto ~1TB of data per month.
    3 - These are hard numbers and will not be changed my Group/channel/Clinet perms.
    4 - If a Group perm like {i_ft_quota_mb_download_per_client=1,000}, then that Group
    can not download more then ~1GB of data in one(1) month, if the Hard number has
    not been used up, also as it is a group perm, then the ~1GB is a total of all users in
    that group.

Am I right?

This is your current setting:
    All your users are allowed to upload 3.75MB/s and download 3.75MB/s at the same time
    and can Upload 1TB and Download 1TB per month.

The upload and download limit needs to be to 31457280 Byte/s (1024 Byte/s are 1 KiB/s and 1024 KiB/s are 1 MiB/s).
    You can use several converter, to calculate these value. http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/
    The traffic is for all filetransfers, that are running at the same time. The speed is for your whole virtual server and it will be around 15~Mib/s for each user when 2 users download at the same time. This example was for 2 users, who got a 15Mbit internet connection.

1048576 would mean 1TB for filetransfers in a month. And yes you can set a and change that per permissions.
    You can change value for i_ft_quota_mb_download_per_client and i_ft_quota_mb_upload_per_client.
    This quota is per user account and won't be set for the whole group. So everybody is allowed to up or download the same fileszise per month.

All Quotas will be resetted after 30 days has passed, since the server was started. This reset will be done month by month.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    All Quotas will be resetted after 30 days has passed, since the server was started. This reset will be done month by month.
    Do you mean "server was created"? Is it restarts in 30 days interval from server creation?

Quotas are reset every 1st of the month if the server is running, else they will be reset when the server starts.

Thread Information