Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Port Fowarding though 2 routers

I am trying to open the ports required for a TS3 server.

My landlord has a Actiontek MI424RW router provided by Verizon. I have a Belkin F7D5301 v1 router. My internet comes from him like: his modem -> Actiontek router -> Belkin router (mine). I have opened the ports required for a TS3 server on his router to the IP address of my router (the belkin) and then opened the ports on the belkin to my computer, yet they're still not open. I cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Have you tested your open(TCP) ports from outside?
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Also make sure, that your Voice port is open as UDP only!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes I have tested them with that site and with a program. They are all set correctly, but theyre still not open. I've been reading, could it be verizon blocking them from being open? I know verizon made it difficult to open them (i found a couple of threads regarding the issue on here, but followed their directions) but I didn't think they just blocked it entirely. I also tried setting up DMZ on both routers to test it, and they still weren't open with that.

DMZ does not work? You should try it with 1 router only. Just for testing. Maybe you will find the problem.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I am on Verizon myself and have the same router as your landlord (MI424WR) and I can tell you that Verizon does NOT block ports. At least not the ones needed by TS3 client or server.

So you either have an internal firewall (on your machine) blocking ports, or you are NOT configured with a static IP in your router or your landlord's router. If the IP is dynamic, then it is pretty much useless because the router(s) will just keep forwarding ports to your old IP address.

Give that a look. Setup some static IPs for your machines and you should probably be good to go.

Thread Information