Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Transferring sqlite3 -> mysql via snapshots

Hey everyone.
    I have a ts3 server and after about 6 months using sqlite3 I want to change to Mysql.
    I'm using latest TS3 server version for linux - 3.0.1 (2011-11-17 08:34:30) on Linux, server version for Windows - 3.0.1 (2011-11-17 08:34:30) and my OS which is Windows 7 x64 I have installed latest client - 3.0.3 (2012-01-20 11:49:07) on Windows
    I had an idea that making a snapshot on running sqlite3 and deploying it on mysql is easier than converting DB's, so I tried to do that on my pc with Win 7 x64. The problem is that when I try to deploy a snapshot via ServerQuery it gives error id=516 msg=invalid\sclient\stype(47 ms)
    and via telnet (putty) - error id=1538 msg=invalid\sparameter.
    Please, don't write "use search" because I've tried to search forums here and found nothing which could help me, or at least I didn't understand so I'm requesting for a enlightment

Could someone write step by step how to convert linux -> windows snapshot and send it again to linux-based server?

Is it theoretically possible to transfer entire TS3 DB from sqlite3 to mysql via snapshots?

What's more profitable - transferring via snapshots or converting sqlite3 to mysql?

Thanks in advance for responsing and regards

I would not use a snapshot to convert the server from sqlite to mysql because a snapshot doesn't backup things like serverquery logins, templates etc.

But as example this thread explains step by step how to convert from sqlite to mysql

SQLite to Mysql Howto
    Last edited by MuhChy; February 2nd, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Ok, sorry for so last response. I've converted sqlite to mysql, just the late problem was that Linux PLD required a mysql package hidden deeply in that forums but finally it worked, and works perfectly. Thread can be closed, regards

Thread Information