Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

advanced permission system questions

hi, i had some questions.

1) why can i as server admin with join power = 75 join even channels with a needed join power of 200?

2) why has every new channel 100 needed channel permission modify power, but i can still edit it's permissions with a power of 74?

3) i changed server admin's channel permission modify power to 74 by accident. why can't i change it back? how can i change it back anyway?

i hope you can help, thx in advance

regards

If I remember right the channel permission are affected by b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions even though the channel is not actually a group.

As for the 74 on i_channel_permission_modify_power I can't say. I just tested with my server and I can't put it back above 74 even though I can increase the grant power to 80... May need a dev or someone that has seen this before chime in on that. I tested with i_channel_modify_power and got the same problem. Getting insufficient permission modify power, even when I set b_permission_modify_power_ignore

For my testing:
    Server = 3.0.1 (11/17/2011 xx:34:30) on Linux-amd64
    Client = 3.0.3 (1/18/2012 xx:35:16) on Win32

Quote Originally Posted by xx-kiLLer00 View Post
    3) i changed server admin's channel permission modify power to 74 by accident.
    If you talk about i_channel_permission_modify_power, you can use ServerQuery or Telnet with this,
    Code:
    login serveradmin <password>
    use sid=<server_ID> or use port=<voice_port>
    servergroupaddperm sgid=<server_goup_ID> permid=12364 permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0

But with a grant power of 75 we should be able to restore it to 75 without resorting to ServerQuery Admin. I was able to increase my grant to 80 and still not able to increase the permission. Unless someone points to reason why it is doing this I would consider it a bug.

@Screech
    Isn't a bug. If your power is 74, you can change only permissions with grant =< 74, but not=75

What?!?? What is the point of a grant power of 75 or 80 on that permission then?

i also cant do it with server query: error id=2570 msg=insufficient\spermission\smodify\spower
    maximum value there is also 74

I guess you are the server owner and you have de serveradmin's password.

Can you post what code you've written? without the password, of course.

no i'm not server owner, only server admin. i created a new server query client

login ghghgh xxx
    use port=9987
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permid=12364 permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    Last edited by xx-kiLLer00; February 4th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.

Well, in that case, only server owner can restore that permission. You must talk him.

how can he find out the password?

He get the password, when installs the server. If he lost it, read this thread:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...word-Look-here!

--- Merged ---

@Screech
    I guess your i_permission_modify_power=100, in that case you can raise the grant values, of other permissions to 80.
    But if i_channel_permission_modify_power value=74 and grant=75 or 80, you can't back the value to 75.

edit
    I hope you can understand my explanation, with my poor English.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; February 4th, 2012 at 11:22 PM.

i still dont understand it. i thought b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions skips the channel group permissions for every permission

When you enable b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions, your server's permisions can't be overwriten for others permisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Permissions Guide
    The way a client receives his permissions is determined through a 5 layer system. Each layer can overwrite permissions from the previous layer. If a permission is not granted on any of these 5 layers, it will be assumed to be of zero or false value. These are the 5 Layers:

Tier 1: Server Groups
    Tier 2: Client Specific Permissions
    Tier 3: Channel Specific Permissions
    Tier 4: Channel Groups
    Tier 5: Channel and Client Specific Permissions

Example:
    You are in the "Guest" server group (Tier 1) which has the permission b_channel_modify_name set to false. But you are also a "Channel Admin" (Tier 4) and a channel admin has b_channel_modify_name set to true. Since the channel group is in a higher tier than the server group, in the end you *can* modify your channels name (but not that of other channels where you are not channel admin).

Well, I say it is a bug that that permission prevents you form setting its own power higher than it is and ignores the grant power. The code should allow that permission to be increased without using the current value as the limit.

Thread Information