Forum

Plugin API - Change Avatar Programmatically

Is it possible, through a plugin, to change your avatar on the server through the client?

I see nothing in the plugin API that can change it, but I do see things that DETECT a change.

If this is not possible, can it be added? I'd like to randomly change my avatar automatically if I can and I think this would be a great addition to the API.

Unless, of course, it is already possible and I am just misreading the function which accomplishes this.

Setting an avatar is currently not possible via plugin API. Right now plugins can query the avatar image (and trigger a download if not yet cached). This was added on request for the overlay plugin.

Thank you, PeterS.

I just think it'd be nice to randomly change my avatar automatically. Right now, I do it by hand which is tedious and time consuming when I am trying to get work done.

Think this feature could or would be added in the future? I mean, without the need for the overlay to accomplish it.

I don't think that this feature is really needed.

Your double Thread got deleted
    Last edited by dante696; February 23rd, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If it is not needed, then why?

It's not something difficult to implement. It's not something that would be useless.

I just want to be able to randomly change my avatar without having to do it manually. If anything, it's a good feature that can be fun and help you to keep a bit of personality on the servers you visit.

But, meh, whatever. You are good for shooting down decent ideas as well as bad ones. You're 50/50 on that at least.

Changing the Avatar directly via Teamspeak or via API would be very nice.

Why?
    Many users of Teamspeak have also a Forum for their project. So if you are able to read -and- write the Avatar of a user in Teamspeak you could e.g. synchronize it with this Forum. (So you could change your Avatar there and it would be replicated to the TS-Database).
    With the current API of TS it is only possible to do this in one direction: TS -> Forum. But not the other way around.
    Also you could set something like a "default avatar" for special groups without allowing them to set their own avatar.

Sincerly
    Raphael

Actually, I think it is possible to set a client avatar with the plugin SDK, but you'll have to do it the manual way which means:

1. Upload the avatar file to the virtual servers internal file repository (channel with ID 0) and name it avatar_<client_base64HashClientUID>.
    2. Modify the client_flag_avatar property for the client by sending a ClientQuery command.

I've not tested this, but this is how you do it using the ServerQuery interface... so it should work for plugins too.

Thread Information