Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Unhappy CA permissions more important than SA permissions?

Hey,
    I'm running linux server and I'm now stuck at something.

SA has permissions to do everything and CA can't delete his own channel, can't leave his channel group and so...

Now when I create it makes me the CA of it and as an server admin I can't delete it or can't leave damn channel group.

I've read this > http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...t-aid-quot-kit but it didn't help at all.

Also
    Code:
    1 - Don't forget, if you have a server group and you want set some specific "channel permission" set correctly the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission, in your server group.
    What does it mean to set it correctly?

When I gave the permission to server group of server admin I still couldn't delete the channel where I have CA permissions.

Hello

This permission allow a server group to "overwrite" the channel and channel group permission.

So I guess in your CA group there is no channel delete permissions.
    If you check the skip permission in your server group and if in this server group there is a channel delete permission, you'll can delete a channel
    Last edited by florian_fr40; February 27th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

This permission allow a server group to "overwrite" the channel and channel group permission.

So I guess in your CA group there is no channel delete permissions.
    If you check the ski permission in your server group and if in this server group there is a channel delete permission, you'll can delete a channel
    Server admin can delete any kind of channel and has power 100 to do that.
    Channel admin can't delete any channel.

When I'm in the serveradmin group and channel admin I can't delete my own channel, so it seems like channel admin permissions are more important than server admin permissions.

Please set b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to your server group or use the skip flags for each permission.
    It is normal, that your channel groups overwrite your permissions instead!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please set b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to your server group or use the skip flags for each permission.
    It is normal, that your channel groups overwrite your permissions instead!
    I did this and still what I'm getting is
    Code:
    insufficient client permissions (failed on b_channel_delete_permanent)
    When I've checked the skip permission in client permissions tab it works as it should.

I'm attaching my permissions overview.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In your pdf.file missing permissions for ChannelAdmin.
    Put your users in a channel where is ServerAdmin and ChannelAdmin, and resend the pdf.file

Note: in Client Permissions "Arcy", you set i_channel_delete_power=140 and i_channel_needed_delete_power=140, these values to override ServerGroups Permissions

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    In your pdf.file missing permissions for ChannelAdmin.
    Put your users in a channel where is ServerAdmin and ChannelAdmin, and resend the pdf.file

Note: in Client Permissions "Arcy", you set i_channel_delete_power=140 and i_channel_needed_delete_power=140, these values to override ServerGroups Permissions
    Ahh it seems that I've messed with client permissions too much, when I've used privilege key on a completely new identity everything seems to be working good.

Now, can I reset permissions to default for the first identity? I don't want to lose my database id.

Thread Information