Forum

ability to not show host message:MODAL based on a b_modal_ignore

Title says it.
    I think this could be useful to have this option.
    For an example server setup:
    Host message
    message mode: MODAL
    Server groups admins,normal
    b_modal_ignore True

results to:
    admins and regular members to be not bugged with a window filled with rules and tips for guests, while showing that to most of the users visiting server for a first time.
    Decision about under which group to place this permission I leave to devs.
    If you ask me this permission should be only in serverGroups.

Would add a poll but can not find it.

This should be done with client ui and not with a new permission.

The message should show up everytime as long..
    .. 1. it dit not change since the last login
    ... 2. the checkbox "do not show again" is not selected

I suggested that a while i put it on my paper for the next discussion.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

That actually sounds more reasonable.
    Unfortunately even thro I am not using latest client and server setup, this feature is not there yet.
    Looking forward for it.

The whole suggestion was rejected in our conversation. These messages are there to bug all users.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question [REQUEST]"Don't show this message again" check box in Server message popup

Hi,

It would be a very useful feature to implement a "Don't show this message again" checkbox into Server message popup window. If the user checks this box Server message will not pop up again only if the administrator changes the text. If Admin changes text the dialog will pop up again. Thank you for your response.
    Last edited by dante696; June 17th, 2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: post #2 shows the same feature but was rejected in our team meeting

I see the checkbox was rejected. You said: "These messages are there to bug all users. "I understand that, however:

In current implementation it is not possible to provide very important information without bugging users. Offline messages has no pop up notification and there is no mass-mail feature. Only popup message is possible to notify all users with 100% success rate.

It would be nice at least implement a sticky and one-time popup message feature. (Ome-time: provide important info without bugging users, Sticky: currently implemented system) Is it suitable for your consideration?

Thx.

[Suggestion] One-time Host Modal Message

Hey Guys,

Forgive me if this has already been suggested already, I searched, and came up empty.

My suggestion entails an additional option being added to the "Host Message" (Modal) concept; hopefully allowing server administrators to specify a host message which will be shown only once to users connecting to servers. (So really, allow server administrators to set a One-Time Model Host Message).

Why? Well, there may be occasions where server administrators may schedule maintenance or have important information regarding the teamspeak service and may wish to notify users. Something that is worth saying once, and does not keep notifying users of when they connect.

An example one time host message could be: "Please note that this TeamSpeak server will be undergoing maintainance (updating) between 07:00 and 07:30 on Saturday 15/11/2014. The server will be unavailable during that period. Thanks!" another example could be "We have now allowed regular users to create tempoary channels". These are messages which do not need to be repeated.

Attached is a screenshot to demonstrate how this could be implementated.

If too much, then maybe allow users to select "Do Not Show Again" button on current Modal host messages. Which will not reshow the message until the message changes.

Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 1130
Size:  52.1 KB
    Last edited by dante696; November 15th, 2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: merged , we will not add this into the server

Thread Information