Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Updated for TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.8.1
    Downloads updated in First Post and on Addons Page.

No changes other than added Support for the latest Client.

Hello ,
    i become the following error : Plugin konnte nicht geladen werden:
    Failed to open plugin.

I chosed the right version from this thread , Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 32bit is installed too.
    I have windows xp 32 bit.
    Any Idea?

I haven't run XP for like the past 6 years and I don't test stuff on XP anymore either. Its just too old.
    I did try and get it to work in a Virtual Machine but it doesn't want to boot properly so...

As far as I am aware it should theoretically work on XP as long as you have the proper Version for your TeamSpeak 3 Client and the proper VS 2010 Runtime Libraries installed.
    If you want you can send me TeamViewer Details in a Private Message and I'll have a look, no promises though.

I'd like to second the option to have the group chat in a tab. Having in a different window defeats the purpose for me -- I mean, why not hop on IRC or something? I'm not by any means trying to belittle your efforts, but, a plug-in should plug into TeamSpeak, not set it on the back-burner like it's some sort of ancillary window, you know? I'm not sure if your points about the API not liking it are still valid, but I know you can currently open a tab with just yourself -- I imagine that means it'd also be possible to open tabs with certain server groups, or even arbitrary people.

Again, I'm not trying to put you down or anything. A few of us got this for the purpose of group text chat -- specifically if some of us are working and the others want to link us to stuff without interrupting, but after using the plugin, we decided to just use server chat. I'll be watching for this feature, though, and good luck. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Mopquill View Post
    I'd like to second the option to have the group chat in a tab. Having in a different window defeats the purpose for me -- I mean, why not hop on IRC or something? I'm not by any means trying to belittle your efforts, but, a plug-in should plug into TeamSpeak, not set it on the back-burner like it's some sort of ancillary window, you know?
    I totally disagree. The Chat in Teamspeak is already so little in the tabs below, never really liked it. The way its done in a competetive Voice tool i will not name here, its far better. I don't like things crapped together so tight like the text chat is in Teamspeak. Nothing against Teamspeak, I love it. Just the text chat isn't really any good, in my oppinion.

@SilentStorm: Please let the Group Chat in a external Window. thank you. Its a great plugin !

I will look into integrating it into the TS3 Client's GUI again next week, however there are no promises or anything that this will get added. It largely depends on how much work is required to implement this. If this gets implemented then it will be optional of course.
    The space limitations of the default Chat Area was one of the reasons I did not add it, will have to see if I can come up with a way to nicely fit the Interface into the Chat Area.

Thanks for the Feedback though

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    I will look into integrating it into the TS3 Client's GUI again next week, however there are no promises or anything that this will get added. It largely depends on how much work is required to implement this. If this gets implemented then it will be optional of course.
    The space limitations of the default Chat Area was one of the reasons I did not add it, will have to see if I can come up with a way to nicely fit the Interface into the Chat Area.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    :O (will never understand why :o would be represented by a smiling face Smiley but whatever) why the sad face oO?
    As I was saying it will be optional if it gets added in the first place. So you can still use it in an external Window if you prefer.
    And I will just be thinking about it anyway, nothing is decided yet.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    :O (will never understand why :o would be represented by a smiling face Smiley but whatever) why the sad face oO?
    As I was saying it will be optional if it gets added in the first place. So you can still use it in an external Window if you prefer.
    And I will just be thinking about it anyway, nothing is decided yet.
    Ok, my mistake, now I am happy again.

Updated for TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.9
    Download updated in First Post.

No changes other than added Support for the latest Beta Client.

@Mopquill: Sorry about that, but I just did not have the time to look into the Client integration part yet, it has been a busy time and I decided that - instead of not updating or releasing some half baked crap - I'd leave it for when I got time to properly check it out and implement it.

group chat

I am running xp pro and sp3 tried to install group chat plugin keeps telling me it failed to load and it takes out
    api 19 can any one help me

David Downs

You probably didn't install the Visual C Libraries, which is mentioned as a requirement on the Addons Page. Install those for your client / operating system architecture (ie. 64bit if using 64bit plugin and 32bit if using 32bit plugin) and it should work.

No thats not the problem already looked at that it was already installed thanks for your reply though.

David Downs

Would you mind fixing the link in

In order to be able to use the GroupChat Feature you need to install the GroupChat Plugin by SilentStorm first.

people have complained to me several times whenever i invite them tht the link dosent work,

small change, not nesccary just kind of annoying at times when im mass inviting 200+ people and hve to re-pm them the new link for the download

Quote Originally Posted by David Downs View Post
    No thats not the problem already looked at that it was already installed thanks for your reply though.

David Downs
    Hm that's weird, since that the MS Visual Studio runtime 2010 libs are the only dependency I know of. Feel free to drop me a PM, so we can arrange to check this out via TeamViewer or something like that. Maybe XP is missing something there, I never tested any of my plugins on XP actually, since it's antique and I haven't had a working XP system for like 5+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainThrills View Post
    Would you mind fixing the link in

In order to be able to use the GroupChat Feature you need to install the GroupChat Plugin by SilentStorm first.

people have complained to me several times whenever i invite them tht the link dosent work,

small change, not nesccary just kind of annoying at times when im mass inviting 200+ people and hve to re-pm them the new link for the download
    Whoops­™, truly sorry about that, it seems I deleted too much on the server when I was doing some cleanup work there a while ago. Should be fixed now and working again (at least if you use a decently recent version).

Thread Information