Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

New members cant talk

Hi, I have a server for my CLAN and I want that new members that get into the clan wont have the premission to send messages or talk with other members how can I do it?

Make sure the default server group is "Guest". Make sure APS is enabled. (Settings>Options>Application and make sure Advanced permissions system is on).

Now go into Server Groups, Guest, click on client, Basics and set Client Talk Power to -1, then when members are added to Normal, it will take them out of that group and they will be able to talk.

I try it but one thing that i have a problem that when I add them as normal so they can talk....When they disconnect and then reconnect it adds them back to guest again
    So its a problem help and they still can send text messages and I dont want them to do this aswell

Hello

Check the b_group_is_permanent in your normal group.

About the text message, open the permission dialog > write "textmessage" in the Filter area
    Now you have all permission in the Client/Basics part.

Im very sorry im new in the TS3 where is the b_group_is_permanent ?

and about the textmessages I wrote it and I see that its 75 to what I need to change it so new members cant send messages and pokes aswell?

This answer, where you can enable advanced permissions. You need this to enable the filter function for permissions.

Please enter b_group_is_permanent into the filter and enable it on the desired group.

For pokes and messages: enter "poke" or message into the filter and all available permissions come up
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This answer, where you can enable advanced permissions. You need this to enable the filter function for permissions.

Please enter b_group_is_permanent into the filter and enable it on the desired group.

For pokes and messages: enter "poke" or message into the filter and all available permissions come up

I understand all that.
    But I ask for it to not always when they join back in the lobby they will get unregisterd again and I know where is the poke and all that I just need the value to enter so they cant send them :0

The value of i_client_poke_power and i_client_private_textmessage_power needs to be lower as their target i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power and i_client_needed_poke_power.

There is no special value for these settings. You can work with -998452 or with 75.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

OK and what can I do with the other thing?
    I switch a member to normal so he can talk and then when he disconnect and then reconnect he is guest again !

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    There is no value you can enter. It's enabled or disabled | It's on or off | It's allowed or forbidden.

OK thanks everything works and now only one last problem.
    When client are in the Lobby channel and theres another channel with members in it they cant see whos in the channel! Why?

Thread Information