Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ToDo List Permission Overview #2

There's another bug: b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions is ignored by the client in the Permission Overview.
    By the way, the name of the permission is bad, since it also skips channel permissions (but not channel client permissions). Additionally, the client ignores that b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions is not affected by the permission of channels, channel groups and channel clients.

Please do not use other threads to report a second problem
    Last edited by dante696; March 12th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Hey numma

Point 1: I'm not able to reproduce or see the problem you got.

Point 2: We know that the name is not the best but renaming would cause problems that we don't want to have.

Point 3: We don't realy understand what your problem is... please explain what "the client ignores ..." means.

Hmm.
    1. Let's say I'm in a channel that allows me to upload icons with a maximum size of 1000 bytes (I'm in no other group). This works, I checked it. But if I set my server client's b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to 1, I cannot upload icons anymore, because the maximum filesize is now 0. However, in the Permission Overview, it still says i_max_icon_filesize = 1000.
    3. The permission b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions can only be set by server groups and server client permissions with an effect. If it is set in any later tier, it does not work. E.g., if I set a person's client channel permission's b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to 1, it does not have any effect.

zu 1) Same here. If a group has skip permission set, it is displayed in perm overview.
    zu 2) AFAMK "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission" skipped originally only channelgroup permission. skipping channel permission as well was introduced later.

1. My permission overview in client 3.0.6 and client 3.0.5 shows the correct value for your example. We can't reproduce this.

Step 1
    I have set these permissions in my Server Group:
    Code:
    i_max_icon_filesize 1 [ ] [ ]
    b_icon_manage [X] [ ] [ ]
    b_group_is_permanent  [X] [ ] [ ]
    b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions  [X] [ ] [ ]
    My Test channel has the permission
    Code:
    i_max_icon_filesize 8196
    b_icon_manage [X]
    My test user joins the channel and has the value of 8196 in my permission overview.
    And it also allows me to upload an icon. This is correct so far.

Step 2
    Now I grant my test user my Server group and my permission overview shows a value of 1 for i_max_icon_filesize and i can't upload any Icon.

Alcazar, what do you mean with this step? Can you reproduce it or does it work fine?

numma_cway, where do you set the "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission" ?
    server client's << sounds like a mix of server group and client permissions.
    -----------------------------------------------------

b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions was made for server groups only. We try to avoid, that a server member fails on Channel and channel groups permissions.
    Please use this permission in a server group only. Negated is also needed, to remove all skip flags manually.
    Last edited by dante696; March 14th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Server Client permissions (where I set b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions) is what I name the second tier, to distinguish it from Channel Client permissions, the fifth tier.

Regarding your testing of 1.:
    For my testing, I did not set i_icon_id anywhere but the channel permission. And there were no server groups (but guest) involved at all.

I made an ticket for this problem, The permissiosn overview should handle as the client does.

Internal ticket ID TS-917
    ----

Btw it's "Client Permissions" there is no Server client permission. This makes it hard to reproduce, where we to set the permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information