Forum

Solved Auto Setting Channel 'Needed Delete Power'

Alright, so I have been working with teamspeak permissions ever since teamspeak 3 came out, but I am unable to solve this problem.

I have two server groups where the permissions are as follows:

Code:
    i_channel_delete_power    999999999
    i_channel_needed_delete_power    (Not Set)
    Code:
    i_channel_delete_power    100
    i_channel_needed_delete_power    (Not Set)
    Yet, every time I create a channel it creates the channel permissions for a needed delete power of 999999999. I want this to remain at 0 so lower admins may be able to manipulate the channels I create. I have also tried modifying my server group permissions for 'i_channel_needed_delete_power' to 0 for both groups, but no luck.

If I completely remove my 'i_channel_delete_power' permission, I will not longer have this power, but I would like to have a delete power set. I just don't want to have to edit the select channels to set the needed delete to 0.

First, it's stupid and unnecessary to add the follow permission for your first group.
    i_channel_delete_power 999999999
    Second, for the second server group, it's the Admin Server Query group, right ? So, for the lower admin can modify or delete the channel is when you create a channel don't be in the server group Query but in the Server Admin. Or, if you don't wants, you must edit the channel permission one by one.

The first group with the 'stupid and unnecessary' permission is the Admin Query. The second group, which is server admin, still does the same thing when that I the only group I have set. Except it sets the delete to 100.

--- Merged ---

I have a feeling there is a bug with the Teamspeak 3 system, and it is grabbing the information for the channel from the wrong permission node.

It should be grabbing from 'i_channel_needed_delete_power', but instead it's getting it from 'i_channel_delete_power'.

No other permissions have this problem. Join, Subscribe and Modify all use the 'i_channel_needed_*_power' when creating a channel's permissions.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 19th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

First remember this: Is not recommended add yourself in the Admin Server Query group. It's dangerous, you could destroy your permission system.

When you create a new channel, the needed power to delete it, is equal to delete's power of creator

If your power is = 738, all channels created by you, will have the needed power =738

Consequently, for create all channels, with needed power value = 0, you have to place your power = 0, create the channels, and then put back your power to the previous value.

I do understand the risks involved, and have my fair experience with it, but I don't understand why they can't just make it use the needed delete power.. like all of the other powers.

It is assumed that by default, only the user who creates a channel must be able to erase. Therefore, the power required is equal to the real power of the creator.

Alrighty, well I guess I'll just have to make use with what I got. Thanks for the info.

--- Merged ---

I just thought of this. If it is the case that the channel grabs the 'i_channel_delete_power' for the delete power NEEDED on the channel, then what is the purpose of 'i_channel_needed_delete_power'?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 27th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

By default it take that value, but you can modify manually later.

Is there anyway to modify the actual teamspeak files to make it take from the 'needed' permission node instead?

No, but you can post in the Suggestions Forum, your ideas for the devs.

Thread Information