Forum

Server 3.0.2: Issue with new anti-flood system

Hi, there is another issue with the anti-flood system in 3.0.3 and 3.0.3-pre-2: Muting/unmuting of microphone and speakers counts on the flood-score.
    This becomes relevant, if you eg. have a hotkey in order to mute the mic on TS while speaking via InGame-VoIP and then later pressing this button multiple times, eg. when chatting.

This might result in a client with forcefully muted speakers or mic, if the system locks him out just that moment he disabled the speakers or the mic via hotkey. He can not re-enable the speakers/mic on his own.

A solution might be to have two different scores, one for actions that may harm others (moving clients, etc.) and those that are just a little "annoyance", eg. if someone mutes/unmutes the mic in order have a flashing icon, so server-admins may choose on their own how to deal with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TS3 Remote View Post
    This becomes relevant, if you eg. have a hotkey in order to mute the mic on TS while speaking via InGame-VoIP and then later pressing this button multiple times, eg. when chatting.
    You can handle such situation IMHO with push-to-talk so no continuous muting/unmuting is needed. Therefor continuous muting and unmuting is a kind of flooding the server to my mind.

I would like an user on my server doing this. But if a server admin doesn't mind he can always modify the threshold values.

Barungar

We usually use permantent voice-communication with TeamSpeak with our clan, but it's often required to speak to other players, who are not on our server. So PPT used with other players only and used "reversely" to prevent double transmissions. (TS & Game)

We know, that the flood system also sends points for muting and unmuting yourself, but we wanted to prevent, that users spam their mute unmute.
    I send it to a discussion.

This is no bug at all. I move this thread.

Edit after testing
    I have tried to mute and unmute myself in a normal conversation, but i don't get stopped by our anti-flood system.
    I only can reproduce it, when i mute and unmute myself every half second. This is spam in my opionion.

I my opionion, it should stay as it is and a souloution for you guys would be:
    Create or use a Server Group and set the permission b_client_ignore_antiflood into that group.
    All members won't get any flood messages.
    Last edited by dante696; March 19th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information