Forum

Solved Servergroup that can create channels with 25 join power

Hi,
    I have a public teamspeak server but I lock the private channels with permissions so only people in the member group can join those channels. I also want that servergroup to be able to make subchannels. The thing is: those subchannels have to have a join power of 25 as well or everybody can join that channel. I tried setting i_channel_needed_join_power to 25 but that didn't do anything. It would also be nice if every subchannel would inherrit join power from the parent channel ...

any idea how I fix this ?

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightfox
    I tried setting i_channel_needed_join_power to 25 but that didn't do anything
    Could you be a little bit more specific please.
    About sub channel, I guess you mean a subchannel in these private channels, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

Could you be a little bit more specific please.
    About sub channel, I guess you mean a subchannel in these private channels, right ?
    yes, that was what I meant

Ok but please explain what you did exactly (about the text I have quoted from your first post)

You are not able to say that as example the group "Members" can create only channels/subchannels automated with a needed_join_power of 25.
    The only thing you can do is to give that group the possibility to set the "needed_join_power" by themselve.

- You need for it --> grant of 25 on "i_channel_needed_join_power" and a "i_permission_modify_power" of 25

I have a servergroup (Member) that has a join power of 25. The private channels the member should be able to join have a needed join power of 25. The Member servergroup also can make subchannels & channels. But these channels & subchannels don't have a needed join power of 25, wich makes them public, while I would like to keep them private.
    edit: this has been solved (or been told that it's unsolvable)

PS ... I also tried setting the rights so that the member group can only create subchannels, and not channels (if I give the group create child permissions and not create temporary, they can't make subchannels as well, any ideas ?)

For your last question you have an example there : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...anywhere-quot?

Thread Information