Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Admin and first user both fine. Subsequent users always dropped at precisely 30 sec.

I'm running the newest version on TeamSpeak 3 server for Windows, and I've encountered an odd little problem:

The admin user (connecting to 127.0.0.1) is fine. The first regular user, whether connecting in-house OR from the public IP is always stable, as well.

Add ANOTHER user (number three, if you count the fact that the admin user is in channel) and they drop every 30 seconds.

I've tried connecting in different orders. It doesn't seem to matter who you are or where you're connecting from. User 2 and upward keep dropping every 30 seconds and have to re-join. They drop the instant their connection time counter goes from 29 sec to 30 sec.

I can't help but feel this is definitely a software issue with the server, as it's so precisely timed at 30 sec, and if it were something to do with the system, it wouldn't be so exactly synced with the TS server's connection time counter.

Also, it IS NOT an idle connection timeout - it'll disconnect them mid-sentence if they're talking.

Thanks for any input.

(Also, I've seen several similar problems in posts in the forums, but no real solutions, and nothing quite exactly like this. Sorry if this seems like a rehash of an older problem, but I did, in fact, look into it before I posted. Thanks!)

--- Merged ---

Also, it's worth mentioning that if everyone (the users, not the admin) disconnects, and user #1 and user #2 connect in a different order, so that user #2 in the previous secnario connects first, his/her connection will then stabilize, and user #1, who was stable before will (now that they are, in effect, user #2) start dropping every 30 seconds.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 27th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.

This sounds like an network problem and arethese test users always users from outside (of your house)?
    Are you sure, your router or firewall does not restrict UDP traffic?
    Is the port 9987 UDP forwared in your router?
    Do you have more then 1 IP for your server?

You gave a long story, but no technical details.
    The client waits exactly 18 seconds to timeout, when he don't gets any reply from the server. 30 Seconds sounds like an external program what blocks traffic for the target.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Sorry - I could have sworn I mentioned it, but it doesn't matter if the users are on the LAN or the WAN.

Also, I've set the server up on three different machines with the same behavior.

It's not the client timing out - it'll happen mid-sentence, whether you're on push-to-talk OR on voice activated. It's just user #2 upward. Precisely 30-sec from connection time, regardless of who is connecting or from where.

The amazing thing is, the Admin (localhost) and whoever connects FIRST after that is FINE, also regardless of whether they're on the LAN or WAN, which suggests it's NOT a firewall or router issue.

Weird, huh? = )

--- Merged ---

Oh, also, the router shouldn't come into play, as it drops LAN users as well, but yes, I've forwarded the proper UDP ports. None of the machines I've tried as a server have multiple IP addresses, and, of course, I've checked to make sure that it's not a firewall or antivirus issue - having even tried it on a raw Win2K Server with no anti-virus installed and the firewall disabled completely.

I'm completely flummoxed. It will allow ANY user from anywhere, LAN or WAN to connect flawlessly. It simply will not allow a SECOND (or more) user to stay on for more than 30 sec. The fact that it's precisely at the 30 second mark each time tells me it's probably something to do with the TeamSpeak3 server, but for the life of me, I'm not sure if I need to run through an INI file, or if there's some odd setting that I'm missing, or what.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 28th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

These 30 seconds > I still think there is somethign else running in the background. As said the client waits 18 seconds to timeout.

Does that happen on every computer in your own network?
    Does your other LAN user conenct via LAN IP (192.168.0.x)?
    What happens when you connect your computer with a cable directly (without a router or switch).
    And are you 10000% sure that your local firewall or antivirus does not cause something here? These 30 seconds, i can't imaginbe where it comes from.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

It's weird, isn't it? The part that keeps stumping me is that no matter where the first user connects from, they're stable (LAN, WAN, LAN connecting to 192.x.x.x, LAN connecting to public IP, lan connecting to WINS name, lan connecting to public domain name, you name it), so if I want to eliminate the router as a possibility, I'd have to have a server computer directly connected to two others , and I can't very well go 3-way computer-to-computer unless I scrounge up a network switch, in lieu of a router, and set up several comps with static IP addresses, and at this point, I'm just not that invested in the project.

However, as I find time to play with it, I'll keep you posted. It's an odd issue, and I have the feeling that there's some kind of "aha!" moment to be had in troubleshooting it, I just haven't stumbled upon it yet. If I do run into something, I'll update the post to help anyone else who has had similar problems with this.

Thread Information