Forum

Logitech G930 & Teamspeak 3

Hi,

First of all - I didn't read through the forums yet, I don't have alot time right now.

So, Lately i've been using Teamspeak 3 alot because i've got a World of warcraft raiding guild which requires Teamspeak.
    I thought to make some Hotkeys and try them out. I made an hotkey that instead of pressing CTRL for activating my microphone mutes it if i don't talk (CTRL was Push to talk, now it is Push to mute). After i tried it, my Logitech went crazy. It started to randomly disconnect, say it's out of power when it's not, etc etc. I've found the problem allthough, Teamspeak is "not" working with the Logitech G930 Gaming headset, i think. What i think the problem is, is if i mute my microphone on Teamspeak, my headset goes crazy. I think that's understandable.

PS: Even if my Teamspeak 3 isn't in a server, it goes crazy! I de-installed Teamspeak 3, Headset works perfectly fine!

What i am looking for: Any solution so i can use my headset with Teamspeak3.

TL;DR: Headset goes crazy with teamspeak3, solution?

Edit: I tried to use my headset on my second PC, works pefectly, tried to install Teamspeak3, goes crazy.
    Deleted Teamspeak3, works fine again. My second PC is using Windows XP, so running it as administrator is impossible.

Thanks for reading, Looking forward for any solution!

Essentially Teamspeak 3 does not work with any sort of surround sound device. It is broken with a number of different bugs, especially if you try to place Teamspeak users in 3D space.

This was not an issue when their sound engine was FMOD, but since the switched to their own sound engine the system has been horribly broken, and its been like this for over a year now with no signs that they will attempt to fix it.

BTW I am the developer of the ACRE mod Arma 2, which won the TS3 addon contest for best plugin in 2010 (or was it 2011?). We have had hundreds of reports from users of true and emulated 5.1/7.1 headsets that basically say TS does not work with them, so much so that it actually will break 2.1/2.0 output on other soundcards when emulating 3D space.

So unless you can switch to stereo mode on your headphones I'd suggest you get a new set of cans.
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Quote removed

Quote Originally Posted by NouberNou View Post

So unless you can switch to stereo mode on your headphones I'd suggest you get a new set of cans.
    It might be a compatiblity problem, i think. Are there any addons for it maybe?

NouberNou
    Why do you say its broken with anyl 3d devices? My Logitech G35, My Creative Card (With Medusa 5.1) and Realtek HD (With Medusa 5.1) soundcard place the users , where i put them to.

The only problem appears with Stereo mode and we try to release a newer beta release for this problem.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-final-release

Several Bugs? I can reproduce them in other applications to for my G35 the problem is the driver itself.

Baazje
    I know 3 Users with that Headset and they had no problems yet. Did it work before or could this not be tested?
    What do you mean with it went crazy?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post

Baazje
    I know 3 Users with that Headset and they had no problems yet. Did it work before or could this not be tested?
    What do you mean with it went crazy?

Man, Thanks for ur response! Well, it worked before! But after a few days it started to go crazy. What i mean with Crazy is: Random disconnecting G keys don't work anymore, gets out of power way too fast ( from 10hours to 1 hour in 10min)

Thanks for ur help

Was there an update for your logitech device the last days? Or is there new software running?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Baazje View Post
    What i mean with Crazy is: Random disconnecting G keys don't work anymore, gets out of power way too fast ( from 10hours to 1 hour in 10min)
    These are known problems
    I did some research on logitechs forum and I don't think these problems are Teamspeak related.
    G930 "disconnecting" - There are several threads and some user don't have this problem and some have it :-/

G930 G-Keys not working - They report, that they have to close the Manager (lcore.exe) to get that function back.

I have used these keywords on google to find the problem
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A co worker has tried to reproduce it with his G930 on driver 8.01.120 and the latest version 8.20.74, but no problem appeared here.
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

So, what can i do?

I don't know how you can solve this problem.
    Maybe it happens with broken devices itself. I only cna say, that you are not alone. Maybe there is a soloution in their forum or an updated driver helps.
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

I've updated my drivers already. I made a topic on their forums aswell.. It's really inactive and i think they don't even care.

Thread Information