Forum

Exclamation Abuse on my server

Hello,

My cousin is able to create channels and sub channels at will, anywhere in my server, whenever he likes. Not only that, he is also able to promote and demote himself to channel admin/operator/etc. of any channel. This is a problem, because I only granted him minimal permissions (voice, guest). The only thing I remember of is that I temporarily gave him channel operator status but later revoked it to guest.

How do I prevent him from doing this?

- I don't want him to be able to change his own status (to channel admin/channel op/etc.). Only I may do so.
    - I don't want him to be able to create channels or sub-channels
    - I only want him to be able to speak, move to another pre-defined channel and that's it
    i.e. guest/voice/minimal permissions

Thanks

Make sure he is not assigned any elevated groups and that all of the b_chanel_create_... are denied.

Since the offending party is your cousin I wonder; does this person have physical access to your computer. If so, is it possible that they just used it to add themselves to a group?

How would I make sure of this? I'm still new to Teamspeak.

My cousin has no physical access to my computer. He lives in a different country.

Look at in what server group is your cousin, and see what permissions has this group.

I think I managed to do it via the permissions interface on the ts3 client. My question is: why would the teamspeak 3 system assign someone to 'normal' user after a few minutes? Even more, why would the system give this user the permissions to CRUD (Create, Update, Delete) channels, users and permission groups? It's absurd.

If this works out, then I guess my problem is solved. I'll wait for him to log on next time.

Quote Originally Posted by uTeamspeak View Post
    I think I managed to do it via the permissions interface on the ts3 client. My question is: why would the teamspeak 3 system assign someone to 'normal' user after a few minutes? Even more, why would the system give this user the permissions to CRUD (Create, Update, Delete) channels, users and permission groups? It's absurd.
    Hello.

You can be sure that the TS3 system by itself it doesn't anything. If the permissions of your cousin change then it will be due to someone else is doing. In that case, see in the server logs who is reassigning permissions to your cousin's ID. Remember, you have to activate server loging in the 'logs' tab of the Edit-Virtual-Server.

Greetings.

Also, you can change his permissions without his being logged in. Just look him up (Permissions => List All Clients).

Thread Information