Forum

sendPluginCommand packet guarantee?

What method is sendPluginCommand events sent over? Is it UDP, UDP with some sort of reliability guarantee, or TCP?

I am assuming its UDP with no error/reception correction, probably piggy backing on the normal voice data stream?

We use sendPluginCommand for critical events and players that are reporting ~5% packet loss are apparently not receiving these events.

Any insight into this?
    Last edited by NouberNou; April 9th, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

We use UDP for commands and normally UDP would send that command and would not ask, if that command has been revieved.
    Only the voice pakets can get lost, but thats no problem.

Normally your commands should be recieved (when the server does not hang). If a command could not be send, then client does try it again.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We use UDP for commands and normally UDP would send that command and would not ask, if that command has been revieved.
    Only the voice pakets can get lost, but thats no problem.

Normally your commands should be recieved (when the server does not hang). If a command could not be send, then client does try it again.
    Thanks for the reply. It seems like we do not get them sometimes though (which is the conclusion that I came to after exploring every other option because I never had thought about UDP there).

Anyways, we are now sending our critical plugin commands as a persistent stream instead of single events just to make sure. I will update this thread if it solves/doesn't solve our issue.

Also just for consideration, this only seems to occur in situations where we have 40-60+ players in the channel at once, often with over half of them speaking at the same time, so possibly it has to do with the server maybe losing the commands?

Thread Information