Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Release] Auto Reply Plugin

This Plugin can automatically reply to private messages and pokes you receive.

If you have any Ideas about what could be added feel free to reply and I'll see what can be done.

Works only on Windows, tested with Windows 7 64bit.

If the Plugin fails to load and you did download the correct Version for your Client then you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime Libraries which can be found here:
    MS Visual C++ 2013 Runtime
    TeamSpeak already ships them, so you shouldn't need to install them manually (listed just in case). If you do though, make sure to select the architecture that matches your client installation.

Features:
    • Separate configuration per server (just don't visit too many servers :P )
    • Reply only when you're away
    • Reply only to those that have a certain server group
    • Send only one reply for each client
    • Ability to alter the reply message based on the message received (Regular Expression matching)

Downloads:
    Client 3.0.18+ (API 20) SHA1 Hash: 43F6DC25F833174D73099115742633721CB6C1B5
    Client 3.1.0+ (API 21) SHA1 Hash: 45A0CFBD3FCC78C90638A91A9EFB35676E579360
    Last edited by SilentStorm; August 29th, 2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Updated for API 21

Very nicely made, exactly what I've been looking for.

Edit:

Is it possible to only have it reply once to the person if they message you.

I.e. if I send someone a message as soon as they reply the message comes through.

Example -

Patrick: Hi
    Person: Hey
    Patrick: Auto-reply message

Edit 2:
    For some reason the reply only once per session option keeps being unticked whenever I restart my client, really annoying as I want it to be permanently on.
    Last edited by Patrick1164; January 26th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Is it possible to only have it reply once to the person if they message you.

I.e. if I send someone a message as soon as they reply the message comes through.
    Yes it is. If you initiate the conversation it should still send the message if they reply, as long as the other requirements set forth in the settings are matched.

For some reason the reply only once per session option keeps being unticked whenever I restart my client, really annoying as I want it to be permanently on.
    whoops, yeah there was a bug with saving in certain situations, actually it affected all settings. I fixed it and updated the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    Yes it is. If you initiate the conversation it should still send the message if they reply, as long as the other requirements set forth in the settings are matched.
    Are you able to add another settings option to disable that as in my case I find it rather annoying that it replies afterwards?

Thanks for fixing the other setting too btw!

Are you able to add another settings option to disable that as in my case I find it rather annoying that it replies afterwards?
    I could do that, however that brings other problems, such as:
    - what if you close the chat, and they then message you? In theory it should send them the auto reply, since they messaged you. Unfortunately though, there is no information about the local client closing a chat tab from the SDK as far as I can tell.
    - what happens when you reply to every message?

The only semi-solution I can see so far is to force enable to only send one reply per client, and I don't really like that all too much.

I could do that, however that brings other problems, such as:
    - what if you close the chat, and they then message you? In theory it should send them the auto reply, since they messaged you. Unfortunately though, there is no information about the local client closing a chat tab from the SDK as far as I can tell.
    - what happens when you reply to every message?

The only semi-solution I can see so far is to force enable to only send one reply per client, and I don't really like that all too much.
    Well what if you treat it as per-session like the other setting, in the sense that it only sends the message on receiving an email. But if you send the first message it disables it for that session only. That way if you restart your client and they message you then you'd send the auto-reply.

If that makes any sense at all!

Great plugin! Thanks!
    I have another suggestion: ignoring server-query users. Every time i connect to my server my client sends auto reply message to JTS3ServerMod bot because of server welcomemessage
    //edit1
    Also it should ignore own client's guid, when you are chatting with client that have same guid as you (for example, from android client to windows client+plugin)
    //edit2
    Also, in my opinion, this plugin should have custom ignore list and friends/blocked exception support
    Last edited by KIDINK^; February 10th, 2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: self-ignoring

Updated to 1.0.3.
    Now ignores query clients, if it's the default query or you can actually see the query user in the server tree. The limitation is technical as there is no way to determine the client type (or any client information for that matter) if you cannot see the client in the server tree.
    Also includes the option to ignore your own UID as well as a global customized list of unique IDs to ignore (added coz it seemed like a good idea when building the ignoring your own UID feature).

Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    Every time i connect to my server my client sends auto reply message to JTS3ServerMod bot because of server welcomemessage
    Even though I hate welcome bots, simply because of the fact they're annoying and useless imho, I added ignoring queries.

Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    Also, in my opinion, this plugin should have custom ignore list and friends/blocked exception support
    The former is in, even though I didn't read the second edit till now, it just seemed like a good idea to just add that when ignoring your own unique ID. As for the latter, you can simply ignore PMs from blocked users and it won't reply. Not sure what else you would need / want.

Respond with criteria

Would it be possible to use this plugin as below:

Check the received message in 1 specific channel, and respond in another private channel?

Example:

I get the message "Resets are OK" on default channel.
    Answer "thank you" on another private channel

Example:

Name:  exemplo.png
Views: 15561
Size:  182.6 KB
    Last edited by Maimbe; February 15th, 2016 at 04:19 PM.

Updated to 1.0.3.
    Now ignores query clients, if it's the default query or you can actually see the query user in the server tree. The limitation is technical as there is no way to determine the client type (or any client information for that matter) if you cannot see the client in the server tree.
    Also includes the option to ignore your own UID as well as a global customized list of unique IDs to ignore (added coz it seemed like a good idea when building the ignoring your own UID feature).
    Even though I hate welcome bots, simply because of the fact they're annoying and useless imho, I added ignoring queries.
    The former is in, even though I didn't read the second edit till now, it just seemed like a good idea to just add that when ignoring your own unique ID. As for the latter, you can simply ignore PMs from blocked users and it won't reply. Not sure what else you would need / want.
    You are the greatest!

Quote Originally Posted by Maimbe View Post
    Would it be possible to use this plugin as below:

Check the received message in 1 specific channel, and respond in another private channel?

Example:

I get the message "Resets are OK" on default channel.
    Answer "thank you" on another private channel

Example:

Name:  exemplo.png
Views: 15561
Size:  182.6 KB

Is possible it ???

What happened to the download link?

It doesnt work right now, can you please provide another working link? thanks in advanced...

This is exactly what I've been looking for! However, as mentioned above. The link is dead

Quote Originally Posted by k0nan View Post
    This is exactly what I've been looking for! However, as mentioned above. The link is dead
    Quote Originally Posted by sekator View Post
    It doesnt work right now, can you please provide another working link? thanks in advanced...
    There were some problems with the server and I was cut off from civilization for the past couple days and thus couldn't fix the issue. Works again now.

If you have any Ideas about what could be added feel free to reply and I'll see what can be done.
    Could you add a "admin" tab in the plugin settings where you can set actions for, lets say, poke abuse.
    if a player pokes you more than X times within X minutes something should happen.
    Like a dropdown menu where you can choose to send the client a msg, kick the client or ban the client.

Other idea is to set tigger words, preferably using regex. if a client poke/pm you and something within the text matches your preset string it should trigger an event.
    Lets say I add "help" as a triggerword and then set the default answer to "To get help, contact our support...".
    You see what I mean?

Thread Information