Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

need multiple instances & lost credentials

Hello all,

This is my first post in the ts3 forum, even though I have run multiple ts2 servers & ts3 servers for five years. I guess thatís testament to the quality of this great application.

My issue:
    I am trying to run multiple instances of teamspeak3 server on a Debian terminal server.
    I read that I needed a not for profit licence, I have applied and received a NFP licence. Itís a .dat file and Iím not sure is that will work on Linux?

Also, I am guessing I will need the original server login and pass credentials, that I deleted last week by mistake , can someone tell me what file I need to ďlessĒ so I might recover my servers admin credentials, is it in the /logs directory?

Help please...

... struth

Hello

Just add the license.dat file in the server folder (the OP is not a problem)
    About the serveradmin password, look at this : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...word-Look-here!

Thanks for the correct answers florian_fr40,

Apologies for not getting back here earlier but I had problems with my Cisco router dropping keep alive packets and disconnecting from the DSLAM altogether, which took some time to fix.

1. I have rest my pass with the easy option command
      Code:
      serveradmin_password=newpass
    2. And the .dat file worked without issue on Linux, thx.

I am having issues with the second instance; I donít seem to be able to get the second instance to show up in a web viewer, on the next ports which should simply be one up:
    • Primary server is 9987 and the query port 10011
    • Next virtual server2 is on 9988 query port is 10012

I know the second serverís main UDP port is correct on 9988 because everyone can join it without issue and FTP is working fine but the server watcher for word press will not show virtual server2
    Itís not a firewall or NAT issue as far as I can tell?

Do you know where the file (Or files lol) is that holds the settings for all the ports so I can be sure the query ports are correct for both servers?

If both VirtualServers run in the same instance (ie. you just run "ts3server_startscript.sh start" once) the Query Port is the same for both of them (and any further VirtualServers you might add to that Instance in the future).

thanks SilentStorm, that's information I can use

I do run the startscript.sh once but 9988 still won't work on the second Virtual?

It's kinda strange when there's know doubting the main port to the second virtual is correct because all the clients using it including myself have no issue with joining and using FTP.

Thanks to you, I now know the quire port is the same for all VirtualServers.

This is a bit frustrating, can anyone think of a reason the server widget would work with the first instance but not the second?

I would still like to know where the settings live in the Linux ts3 server files so I can <less> it, to see the port settings for myself.
    Last edited by struth; May 3rd, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Depends on the Widget you are using. Needs to have a setting to choose the VirtualServer to display, could also be a permissions issue on the second virtual server.

There is no config File which lists (or allows you to change) the Ports by default, however you can create one which allows you to edit some of the Ports and also allows you to bind ts3 to a specific IP on multi homed systems. See server_quickstart.txt in the docs Folder for more Information.

Thread Information