Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved i_client_permission_modify_power not set for Admin Server Query?

Is it normal that the permission "i_client_permission_modify_power" is not set for the group Admin Server Query?

I put myself into that group, so that I can do special actions which are only allowed for me.
    But I can't add a value to this group. The error message is "Insufficient group modify power".

But for this group the needed group modify permission power is the same as the group modify permission power (100).

Does anyone know if the Admin Server Query group needs this right, and how I can assign this right to this group?

The Admin Server Query should have the permission and it needs it.

You can try setting the permission as a Server Admin.

If this does not work (and I think it won't, since it's most likely limited to 75, but you need 100) but your Admin Server Query account has b_permission_modify_power_ignore=1 and your Server Admin has i_group_auto_update_type>0 (usually it's 45), you can log in to your Admin Server Query and use servergroupautoaddperm for your Server Admin's i_group_auto_update_type to give your Server Admin i_client_permission_modify_power=100 and i_client_needed_permission_modify_power=100 (maybe you also need b_serverinstance_modify_querygroup=1 for the next step). You should now be able to grant both to your Admin Server Query using your Server Admin (use the normal TS3 client). Don't forget to undo the servergroupaddperm afterwards (default values are 75).

I can't say if this works, since I don't know this problem as "Insufficient group modify power" but as "Insufficient permission modify power", caused by b_permission_modify_power_ignore not affecting several permissions (all permissions marked as NEIN in the third list on this page). Since i_client_permission_modify_power is also in that list, only servergroupautoaddperm can grant more than you have (servergrouppermadd can't).

Thanks for your answer mate.

I don't think that it's a good idea to change the group autoupdate type of my server admin group.
    This could make thinks more difficult as they are right now.

Any other suggestions? Maybe someone from the support staff?

--- Merged ---

I'm confused.
    I was analyzing the problem on my own in the meantime, and I figured out that I can edit the ts3server.sqlitedb with the Firefox Addon SQLite.

So I edited the database and now I have these rows:
    "server_id","id1","id2", "perm_id", "perm_value","perm_negated","perm_skip"
    "2", "15", "0", "i_client_permission_modify_power", "75", "0", "0"
    "2", "2", "0", "i_client_permission_modify_power", "100", "0", "0"
    "1", "2", "0", "i_client_permission_modify_power", "100", "0", "0"
    "1", "6", "0", "i_client_permission_modify_power", "75", "0", "0"

The first permission for the server_id 2 and id1 15 were already existing. This is the server admin group of my secondary server.
    I duplicated this existing row 3 times and changed the values of server_id and id1 to reflect the admin server query group of server_id 1 and 2 and the server admin group of server_id 1.

After a restart of the TS3 server, I figured out that only the changes for the server admin group of server_id 1 became effective.
    The new rights for the admin server query group for server_id 1 and 2 seems to be ignored for whatever reasons.

Any ideas, clues, hints or help?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 18th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlok View Post
    I don't think that it's a good idea to change the group autoupdate type of my server admin group.
    Yes, that is the reason why I did not suggest that.

Hello

The Insufficient group modify power means that the i_permission_modify_power permission in this group is less than the Grant value from the permission you want change (of there is no Grant value)

Check it.

Classical note for this situation : NEVER ADD yourself in the Query Group. This is not a "user" group. You could destroy your permission system

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

The i_permission_modify_power for the admin server query group is 100, and the grant value of the i_client_permission_modify_power permission is also 100 for this group.
    So normally things should work, no?

So, to be sure, you got the error message whan to tried to change the value of i_client_permission_modify_power ?

Could you post a permission overview from your (right click on you > Permission > Permission overview > Export as PDF)

Yes exactly. I get an error when I try to modify that permission.

Ok, I attached the pdf you requested (21 pages long).
    I hope that this helps to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance for your support!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your file is not entire (cut on the right side).
    Please redo it (and select Show Name instead show description)

Ok, here is the new file with the names instead of the description.
    Unfortunately, some lines are still cut. I don't know why. Maybe it's a bug in the pdf export?
    Attached Images Attached Images

So, as you can see in this permission with your 2 server groups and the query admin group, the value of i_client_permission_modify_power is 75 and the Grant value too.

But the query admin group (for this permission) has a Grant value to 100.

This is the reason why you got this error message.

Now why you have 75 instead 100.
    In the Query admin group there is no value for this permission. So with the other serrver group you get 75.
    You have to add a value.

This is the reason why we repeat each time don't use this group like regular group. This group is the last way when your permission system has a problem.

Ok thanks.

So the question is, how can I add a value fot that permission, because TS throws me the error insufficient permission when I try to add a value for that group!

It doesn't even work with the Query Console.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlok
    It doesn't even work with the Query Console.
    So as we wrote every time, you "broke" the query admin group ... ha, nevermind.

So, you have to edit your database, I guess you use the default sqlite database (ts3server.sqlitedb file in the server group).
    To open it you have some tools like sqlite browser or Sqlite expert.

Use this sql query :
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_client_permission_modify_power", 100, 0, 0);
    If you are not familar with sql, send me your database in private I'll rebuild the query group for you.

Edit
    Forget Something : of course the server must be stopped
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 19th, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Ok that did it! Thank you for your support.

For your information:
    Our server is an old TS3 server which we are using since the early beta. And somewhere I read that it is recommended to put the servers admin into the query group.
    That's why I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlock
    And somewhere I read that it is recommended to put the servers admin into the query group.
    And where did you read that ???

Thread Information