Forum

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    And here too --> PeterS explains how to do it from the 'All clients list':
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...341#post320341

That won't help me in my situation. I make printscreens of the server groups screen and I have then a database ID for everyone who is a member. That way if I have any issues and need to redo something I can just add the database ID's back on and not care whos using whos names or of they are still reflecting the same person who originally was assigned to something.

This has made things more complicated, why remove it? We make suggestions about useful things to add and you reject most of them and then remove something a lot of people are using? That really makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    I can just add the database ID's back on and not care whos using whos names or of they are still reflecting the same person who originally was assigned to something.
    I agree with you. I was using the dbase-id too and now has dissapeared.

I make printscreens of the server groups screen and I have then a database ID for everyone who is a member.
    Lolwut? print screens? Take up much space, takes time doing them, etc.pp...
    There are better ways to have that... Like a backup of the database for example... which is most likely smaller than a single Print Screen and contains much more information.

This has made things more complicated, why remove it? We make suggestions about useful things to add and you reject most of them and then remove something a lot of people are using? That really makes sense...
    Useful is heavily relative... Useful to you maybe but whether it really makes sense or is useful to more than just a handful of people is another story. Nothing personal, applies to like all suggestions.

First of all I cannot just take a copy of TypeFrag's database because that would be a massive security nightmare. Secondly it is just an ID that is appended to the end of the name of someone. There is no good reason to just remove something that has been there not hurting anything. They are still there for the group ID's but not the members of the groups.

I know and I did use them too to add People who are not around but I know I got in Servergroup xyz to a second Group, but it looks like they are planning to hide all the internals by default and move to a drag and drop System where you can just drag Clients to where you want to have them...
    They seem to have decided on that and I have a feeling it is never going to go back to the way it was before. It sure was comfortable and easy for those who are accustomed to it, but I suspect there is some sort of reason other than "we are gonna hide it coz we don't like it" since if that were to be the only reason it'd be just dumb and they could've saved themselves the work to implement that these Information were shown in the first place.

Then it is trivial to add an option for us so we can choose to see those things. We have an option to open up the advanced permission system so there is no excuse why there could not be an option to show database ID's too.

Angry [Feedback] TeamSpeak Update 3.0.8

Hello TeamSpeak-Team.

Since the update 3.0.6 (i think) you've removed the Database-ID from the Client-Informations on the right side. Now in update 3.0.8 you've removed the unique ID.

This ....

We had to change from the database id to the unique id, and now you've removed the unique id too? Aww, come on..
    It's now way more difficult to get his own Unique ID and the most of my users will definately get confused

- LolRiTTeR

Thread was moved

[3.0.8] Additional information doesn't show up in user boxes anymore

I don't see Unique IDs, database IDs, etc. in the right area on users ever since my update to 3.0.8.

Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And it seems you havn't read the changelog or used the search function here.

Thread merged!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question Missing Times Connected

In previous versions of the TS3 client you could view a count of the amount of times a player had connected and the last time they connected to your server by clicking on them and viewing that info right below their name on the right side of the screen. This has since been removed. Is there a simple setting/tweak to bring this functionality back?

Thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; July 30th, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

All that Information is still there. It just got renamed to "Online since" which is what was previously shown behind Last connected.
    If you put your mouse cursor above the Date you will see a tooltip containing the first connection and the amount of times that user connected.

I wonder why they decided to make it hidden like that with no option to restore it to a more prominate view.

This is nothing what is needed, for new users.
    We wan't that even older people can use TeamSpeak without an overload of informations.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

client ID permission

I use to be able to see people Client ID in server groups Permission now I don't. How can I fix this? I am asking because in my server log when someone does something in TS it use to tell you by server client ID, which now I can't see in server groups.

Thread was moved
    Last edited by dante696; July 31st, 2012 at 08:51 AM.

Thread Information