Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Failed to connect to server after IP changed

Running Ubuntu 11.10 and I have TS3 configured. I am on a dynamic IP, using No-IP to spoof a Static IP so that I can run the server.

After I had it up for a few days, my IP changed, so I went into my ts3server.ini and changed the IP address in that file to the new IP. Worked good, and it lasted until my ISP changed my IP again.

No problem. I'll just edit my ts3server.ini IP numbers again, right?

WRONG!

I resolve the hostname, but I can not connect to the hostname.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate the help.

btw, I am using the command ./ts3server_startscript.sh start to start the script and it runs fine, I just fail to connect to it.

It should also be noted I am on a 64 bit AMD system.

If I need to provide any more info, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help!

is there a reason you're not using 0.0.0.0 (all available) for your ip?

Also if you are using a client inside the same network where the server is running make sure to use the local IP Address to connect. Some routers are making problems when you try to connect to a WAN IP which resolves to your local network.

The video that I saw (used) on youtube said to put in my REAL IP. And it was working fine for several weeks that way.

Either way, I just edited the server.ini file and changed the IP to 0.0.0.0, but I still get the same issue. Failed to connect

Quote Originally Posted by BriteLeaf View Post
    The video that I saw (used) on youtube said to put in my REAL IP. And it was working fine for several weeks that way.

Either way, I just edited the server.ini file and changed the IP to 0.0.0.0, but I still get the same issue. Failed to connect
    Just FYI most servers don't even need a config file. If you don't have anything special set up in they you should consider removing it. As for your problem, are you sure your ddns has updated to your new IP. Sometimes one of the name servers doesn't update correctly. Make sure they all resolve to your current IP. Also try ipconfig /flushdns on affected computers.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567 View Post
    Just FYI most servers don't even need a config file. If you don't have anything special set up in they you should consider removing it. As for your problem, are you sure your ddns has updated to your new IP. Sometimes one of the name servers doesn't update correctly. Make sure they all resolve to your current IP. Also try ipconfig /flushdns on affected computers.
    I will try it without a config file. As for the ipconfig /flushdns, my server is running on Linux. Those commands don't work. I did try ifconfig /flushdns however, but I get /flushdns: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Quote Originally Posted by BriteLeaf View Post
    I will try it without a config file. As for the ipconfig /flushdns, my server is running on Linux. Those commands don't work. I did try ifconfig /flushdns however, but I get /flushdns: error fetching interface information: Device not found
    That command was for the clients not the server. For future eference , however: http://www.techiecorner.com/35/how-t...x-windows-mac/

This didn't work either

That command was for the clients not the server. For future eference , however: http://www.techiecorner.com/35/how-t...x-windows-mac/
    I went to that site and tried the command like it said for Linux...

To flush the DNS cache in Linux, restart the nscd daemon:-

- To restart the nscd daemon, type /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart in your terminal
    - Once you run the command your linux DNS cache will flush.

Tried with sudo command... sudo: /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd: command not found
    Tried without sudo command... bash: /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd: No such file or directory

That command was for the clients not the server.
    No need to run on server ^

Hello

To be sure, your server is on your home network (you talk about dynamic IP) ?

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

To be sure, your server is on your home network (you talk about dynamic IP) ?
    Sorry it took me so long to reply... I have been checking this thread every few hours and this is the first time I have seen your last two post...

Yes, I am on a home network, and the server was up on my home network, and outside IP's were able to connect to my server. Now for some reason, after the last IP change, even I can't connect to my server. I have updated the IP settings and everything else I know to do.

So in this case it's useless to write your external IP on the ini file. It doesn't work (this is not how a home network works).
    (except if your linux server has several IP - like 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.10 - etc)

So do you check your forward rule on the router ?
    As wrote SilentStorm some routers (almost all) have a security measure to block any asked connexion using the external IP from the internal network.
    Are you able to connect to your server using a computer on your home network or directly with the same computer ?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 24th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Problem is solved.
    It was an ID10T error
    Me being the idiot.
    I forgot to change the IP that it resolves to at NO-IP.com
    Anyway, thank you for all of your help.
    GOD this is frustrating! lol

Been there, done that. Thanks for posting your solution

Thread Information