Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[RELEASE] Domert's Dice Roller

A simple dice rolling plugin for Teamspeak 3. The absolute max range of this dice rolling plugin is 1000d1000. I didn't see the point of going much higher and placed a limit. The modifier range is also capped at -1000 to 1000. Only 1 person on teamspeak needs to to run the plugin. (Preferably the GM)

Example usage and features:

(2d8+15-2) -- The plugin is able to do the math for you, turning this into (2d8+13)

(5d6S5) -- The 'S' is an extra command I made at the request of a friend. This is to measure the amount of successes rolled. This feature only works with d6 rolls, the number after S is the target success. Putting no number defaults to 4.

(d10) -- The plugin will automatically recognize a (dX) as (1dX) so you don't have to type that, but you can.

(d20+5C18;2d6-2;1d6S) -- Separating rolls with a semi-colon ';' allows the user to roll up to 3 dice rolls in a single command. This is to help speed up gameplay. This is particularly useful for things like combining attack and damage rolls.

(1d6+2d4-3) -- The plugin is able to detect an extra dice roll and add or subtract the results of the new specified amount.

(d20C) -- The 'C' is an extra command for people playing on a d20 system. It's intended for attack rolls, you put in your critical range. For example an 18-20 crit range (1d20C18) If the number is 18-20 the dice roller will automatically detect a critical threat and roll to confirm the critical. This also works with your attack modifiers (d20+5C19). If you don't supply a number after the letter C, the program will assume it's 20. This extra command only works for a single d20 roll.

(6d6R) -- The 'R' is an extra command to create a list of numbered results raffle-style. Results never repeat so the amount of dice you choose to roll cannot be larger than the sides of the dice. The plugin will ignore any rolls attempted in that way.

GM Private -- Typing this will have the plugin open a window for you to roll privately as the GM. Turning off and on the plugin while connected to a sever will also open the GM window for you.

Domert {P0} -- Adding {P0} to {P9} or {GM} to the end of your name will change the color of your name when you roll dice. This lets 10 players and their GM have unique colors that make it easy to identify which person in the group rolled.

(coinflip) -- Simulates flipping a coin and the result will either be heads or tails. Essentially the same thing as a (1d2) but just a clearer result for the end user.

Future:
    I do plan to add in extra commands for various gaming systems along with anything else you guys suggest in the forums.

Your feedback in this thread is always helpful. It helps get me a better sense of what features need to be added in place first. Plus you guys help make sure the code stays bug free!

The plugin is supported for Win32 and Win64 versions of Teamspeak 3.

Current TS3 API Supported: 19
    Current Die Roller Version: 1.8

Download Link: http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ce-Roller.html

Installation:
    Click Install Now on the download link and install the plugin automatically. Once the plugin is installed you can simply turn the plugin off and on by going into Settings -> Plugins or using the hotkey: Ctrl+Shift+P and clicking the check box for Domert's Dice Roller.

Update Notes:
    Version 1.8
    - Changed the way the 'S' option works. (Requested by Darkstar073)

Version 1.7
    - Updated plugin to run on API 19

Version 1.6
    - Increased dice size and modifiers to -1000 to 1000 for
    gaming systems larger than 100. (Requested by Seisuke)

- Fixed an error with multi-rolls ';' that caused a plugin
    freeze.

Version 1.5
    - Updated plugin to run on API 18
    - New featured allowing simulation of coin flips.

Version 1.4
    - Updated plugin to run on API 17

Version 1.3
    - New feature suggested by codewarrioraq. This creates a list for
    numbers drawn like a raffle. Results never repeat.

- New feature allowing users to make up to 3 separate rolls at once.
    This allows users to speed up things like combat.

- New feature allows users to add or subtract an extra dice roll.

Version 1.2
    - Removed the possibility to roll (d1) if you were curious, the
    answer is always 1.

- Added colors to highlight min and max rolls of the dice and
    to highlight the player's name along with the roll they used.

- Completely redid the formatting and printing of everything
    to ensure maximum usage of the chat limit on teamspeak. This
    is help those with the anti-spam limits.

- New feature allowing you to change the way color of your name
    when the dice are rolled.

- New feature for people using the d20 system.

Version 1.1
    - Updated plugin to run on API 16.
    Last edited by Domert; June 14th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

Failed to open plugin.

64Bit Version on Win7

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinmir View Post
    Failed to open plugin.

64Bit Version on Win7
    When I tested the plugins they ran for me. Since I programmed this in visual studio I have a feeling it's tied to a .net framework and it installed all those frameworks for me. I found someone to test this theory for me, if he installs the framework and it loads then I'll provide a link to get the plugin up and running for you.

--- Merged ---

Alright, the plugin should load now without all the .net framework nonsense. If anyone else gets the error Failed to load plugin, let me know. If you downloaded the plugin previously and got that error, just go back on the download link and replace it with this new version to test it.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 24th, 2012 at 08:02 AM.

thank u, it works

Version 1.2 has been released. Don't forget to report any problems with the plugin to this thread so I can get them fixed right away.

(754368734653847658739465893765897356d3497563495673497856) = TS Crash

can u bring a max limit into this plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinmir View Post
    (754368734653847658739465893765897356d3497563495673497856) = TS Crash

can u bring a max limit into this plugin?
    Fixed. Limits are now working properly. Update your plugin from the site and you're good to go. Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by Domert; April 25th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

You can add a command to delete result replayed? Like used in raffles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codewarrioraq View Post
    You can add a command to delete result replayed? Like used in raffles.

Thanks
    I should be able to. I just want to clarify what you want exactly. You want to be able to roll for example, (5d100), and when you roll those 5 numbers you want to make sure it can never pick the same number twice?

Version 1.3 is now released on the teamspeak addon page. Click the download link and get your new version. Also, don't forget to post in here if you find any bugs. Have fun gaming!

Version 1.4 has been updated and released for the new API. Remember to post in this thread if there are any bugs. Click the download link and have fun gaming!

Plugin failed to load: Failed to open plugin.

plugin: v1.4
    ts3 client: 3.0.8

Version 1.5 has been released on the download page and updated for API 18. Download the new version and have fun gaming!

Grieg, can you download the new version, if it still doesn't work I might have a few ideas to get your copy up and running.

Nice plugin you have made there. I really like it but I'd like to propose one little change:

The rpg I use it for uses a d100 as base roll and thus the modifiers can easily get bigger than 100.
    If possible could you increase the modifier range from +/- 100 to maybe +/- 500 or 1000?

Version 1.6 has been released with a bug fix and Seisuke's suggestion. Go to the download page and get yourself the new version and don't forget to report any bugs or problems you spot in this thread.

Thread Information