Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ToDo List Client 3.0.6 and Logitech G35 (can not hear anything)

Edit by mod
    This thread is not for balancing issues!
    Please read post #5 first and then report, if nothing of this helps you.

Visit this thread, if you have balance issues with your G35 or G930

After upgrade to 3.0.6 can not hear other users i was on 3.0.5 earlier today then got prompted to upgrade so i did.

Since then i am unable to hear other users there lights go on but no sound they can hear me ok.

I use Logitech G35 headset and is set as default device all my setting on ts seem correct and i have also reinstalled.

My op system is windows XP.

Please help and thanks
    Last edited by dante696; April 25th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

I am in the exact same boat as this guy, right down to the headset and OS. The headset works fine for other things but I hear nothing on TS3. Any idea whats wrong and how to fix it??

--- Merged ---

Major V, try this if ya can. If you have another headset (not a G35) plug it in and see if that does the trick. I did 3 complete uninstall / reinstalls and still they could hear me but I could hear nothing. Changed to my back-up (Plantronics) headset and now alls fine. Going over to Logitech's forums and see whats up. Good luck.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 24th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks Ken i will try that tomorrow when i can get a different headset and report back.

I've also noticed this issue after installing the newest update. Specifically on a Windows XP machine using the Logitech G35 headset. Headset works fine on another computer running Windows 7. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

I can tell you how to fix the problem.
    Please go into Settings > Options > Playback and now deactivate "Play mono sounds over center speaker when available"
    or
    Enable Stereo mode for your headset, but the sound is crappy in my opinion.

I can reporduce this problem, but none of our other testers ever had this problem and i still use an outdated driver. I will retest it with a newer version.

Edit
    Please try to update your driver to Software Version: 8.20.74, this also fixes the problem for me.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...-sound-headset
    Last edited by dante696; April 24th, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ok got it sorted.

i first updated the logitech G35 software and it still did not work.

Then i tried the deactivate "Play mono sounds over center speaker when available"

This worked so i can now hear other users.

Thanks for the help and quick response

I can reproduce it too with the latest driver version.
    We add an option to send sounds and voice to front speakers instead.

This will need some time and will be integrated into client 3.0.7

Internal ticket ID TS-974
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I have Logitech G35 and G930 and I have a new problem with 3.0.6 that's not related to hearing other clients... instead I'm having issues with the soundpacks.
    I am using one of the 3.0.0-rc1 soundpacks (very soft female 'android' voice with flanger effect, unsure what the name of the pack originally was), and the notification sounds are only playing on the right channel. These are stereo wav files, and I think it might be related to this, because the new soundpacks that are mono will play on both channels.
    If i use the "Play Test Sound" in the Playback section, you can easily reproduce the same symptom as under normal use of the TS3 client.
    (On the flipside tho, when i push the "Play" button in the Notifications section to preview each notification sound, all soundpacks are only on the right channel - even mono wavs.)
    I've tried various settings in Windows - even setting the headset as a stereo device, but it doesnt help.

As a small comment, almost every time there is an update of the TS3 client, old bugs get fixed, but new ones are introduced in regards of the Logitech G35/G930 headsets Dont get me wrong, it's not meant as criticizing your excellent work - but you might not be aware of all the small problems unless you actually have been using one of these headsets with TS for the last year.
    Are there similar problems with other surround headsets? (is this an issue with Windows, or the manufacturere's drivers?)

Please do not report balance issues here

The problem here is, that we try to create workarounds with bugs with Logitech's headset.
    I use that headset for many years and bought 3 ;-(

It is know, when a mono sound is played on more then 1 speaker + that this sound is as loud on both speakers (because its mono) this sound can't be heared in dolby mode.
    I have this in several programs ;-( > I need to fix that while switching into stereo mode, to listen to the sound once.

Logitech has never fixed it in on of there drivers or hardware generation. Just google it
    Last edited by dante696; April 25th, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

I have the same problem, but the fix explained doesn't help.

I found out that, in my case, the checkbox brings no improvement and I tested a little bit. If I go to Settings -> Options -> Playback and click on Play Test Sound, then I'm able to hear all the sounds, no matter if the checkbox mentioned above is checked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsoul View Post
    I have the same problem, but the fix explained doesn't help.

I found out that, in my case, the checkbox brings no improvement and I tested a little bit. If I go to Settings -> Options -> Playback and click on Play Test Sound, then I'm able to hear all the sounds, no matter if the checkbox mentioned above is checked or not.
    Hello.

Maybe your case is different.

Please, verify
    Self --> Playback profile --> Verify that there is a profile selected (appears with a check mark on the left)
    if none were selected then select it (usually is the 'Default')
    Self --> Soundpack --> Verify that there is a default male/female selected (appears with a check mark on the left)

If that works, then
    Bookmarks --> Manage bookmarks --> ... choose your connection ... --> More --> ... in "Playback Profile" and "Soundpack" choose the selection.

Greetings.

Nope, that's all set as it should. If it wasn't, my fix wouldn't work also.

Hello !

iv got Logitech G930 works well with 3.0.6 please install the new software for G930:

Logitech Gaming Software 8.20.74:
    Download:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/72...tion=downloads

dont forget set up your settings in teamspeak 3:
    Playback: set up Playback mode for automaticly use best mode, playback device for logitech G930
    Capture: set up Capture automaticly use best mode , capture device for logitech G930

also use windows XP and windows 7 Ultimate on both works well.

Best Regards
    Hunterpl

Client 3.0.6 TS 3 Sounds disappear G35

Hey, have been using ts3 for years now, but 2 days ago this random shit started to happen. Out of nowhere all the sound in ts just disappears, i cant hear other ppl talking, i can hear "user joined your channel" etcetcetc, but I can still talk and be heard. All other sounds from games, music, movies etcetc still works. Only way to get sound back is to reboot. Tried re-installing but it helped nada. Known problem? Any known fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    ... Out of nowhere all the sound in ts just disappears, i cant hear other ppl talking, i can hear "user joined your channel" etcetcetc, but I can still talk and be heard. ....
    Hello.

You cant hear other people but you can hear the notifications.

Verify that you have any playback profile selected when you are connected to the server.
    Self --> Playback profile --> must be a profile selected, if not, check it (usually is 'default')

If that works, then verify the connection to this server in your bookmarks
    Bookmarks --> Manage Bookmarks --> Select the server --> "More" button --> Assign the Playback profile

If that was not the case...

you say the solution is to reboot but then when you connect to the server, when you loose the audio?
    Verify in
    Settings --> Options --> Hotkeys --> that you don't have some key defined for change the playback profile.

Greetings.

Thread Information