Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

ToDo List Client 3.0.6 and Logitech G35 (can not hear anything)

Edit by mod
    This thread is not for balancing issues!
    Please read post #5 first and then report, if nothing of this helps you.

Visit this thread, if you have balance issues with your G35 or G930

After upgrade to 3.0.6 can not hear other users i was on 3.0.5 earlier today then got prompted to upgrade so i did.

Since then i am unable to hear other users there lights go on but no sound they can hear me ok.

I use Logitech G35 headset and is set as default device all my setting on ts seem correct and i have also reinstalled.

My op system is windows XP.

Please help and thanks
    Last edited by dante696; April 25th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

I am in the exact same boat as this guy, right down to the headset and OS. The headset works fine for other things but I hear nothing on TS3. Any idea whats wrong and how to fix it??

--- Merged ---

Major V, try this if ya can. If you have another headset (not a G35) plug it in and see if that does the trick. I did 3 complete uninstall / reinstalls and still they could hear me but I could hear nothing. Changed to my back-up (Plantronics) headset and now alls fine. Going over to Logitech's forums and see whats up. Good luck.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 24th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks Ken i will try that tomorrow when i can get a different headset and report back.

I've also noticed this issue after installing the newest update. Specifically on a Windows XP machine using the Logitech G35 headset. Headset works fine on another computer running Windows 7. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

I can tell you how to fix the problem.
    Please go into Settings > Options > Playback and now deactivate "Play mono sounds over center speaker when available"
    or
    Enable Stereo mode for your headset, but the sound is crappy in my opinion.

I can reporduce this problem, but none of our other testers ever had this problem and i still use an outdated driver. I will retest it with a newer version.

Edit
    Please try to update your driver to Software Version: 8.20.74, this also fixes the problem for me.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...-sound-headset
    Last edited by dante696; April 24th, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ok got it sorted.

i first updated the logitech G35 software and it still did not work.

Then i tried the deactivate "Play mono sounds over center speaker when available"

This worked so i can now hear other users.

Thanks for the help and quick response

Client 3.0.6 TS 3 Sounds disappear G35

Hey, have been using ts3 for years now, but 2 days ago this random shit started to happen. Out of nowhere all the sound in ts just disappears, i cant hear other ppl talking, i can hear "user joined your channel" etcetcetc, but I can still talk and be heard. All other sounds from games, music, movies etcetc still works. Only way to get sound back is to reboot. Tried re-installing but it helped nada. Known problem? Any known fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    ... Out of nowhere all the sound in ts just disappears, i cant hear other ppl talking, i can hear "user joined your channel" etcetcetc, but I can still talk and be heard. ....
    Hello.

You cant hear other people but you can hear the notifications.

Verify that you have any playback profile selected when you are connected to the server.
    Self --> Playback profile --> must be a profile selected, if not, check it (usually is 'default')

If that works, then verify the connection to this server in your bookmarks
    Bookmarks --> Manage Bookmarks --> Select the server --> "More" button --> Assign the Playback profile

If that was not the case...

you say the solution is to reboot but then when you connect to the server, when you loose the audio?
    Verify in
    Settings --> Options --> Hotkeys --> that you don't have some key defined for change the playback profile.

Greetings.

Hey, have been using ts3 for years now, but 2 days ago this random shit started to happen. Out of nowhere all the sound in ts just disappears, i cant hear other ppl talking, i cant hear "user joined your channel" etcetcetc, but I can still talk and be heard. All other sounds from games, music, movies etcetc still works. Only way to get sound back is to reboot. Tried re-installing but it helped nada. Known problem? Any known fixes?
    Sry my bad, I cant hear notifications either. And I have no Hotkeys assigned what so ever.

.... Out of nowhere all the sound in ts just disappears ...
    Only way to get sound back is to reboot ...
    Hello.

Ok. I ask again...

"Only way to get sound back is to reboot" --> That means restart the computer o to close the client?

Once you get the sound back... when you loose it? doing something or only waiting?

Close the client. Open it and
    Before connect to any server
    Try with:
    Settings --> Options --> Playback --> 'Play test sound'
    Settings --> Options --> Playback --> select 'Play mono sounds over center speaker when available'

If the issue persists, please, include the client log of this process.
    Tools --> Client log

Greetings.

Mermaid
    What hardware do you use and what client do you use?

Does client 3.0.5 solve the problem?
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/3.0.5/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

do you use the g35 headset?

Also, a logfile of when it goes wrong could be very helpfull

Exclamation All Teamspeak sound disables itself (error origin known)

Hello guys,
    I dont know since when I have this problem but I'm sure I hadnt have it before.
    Well I experienced the problem that I all incoming sounds from Teamspeak are cut off randomly (talking, the bot voice) while the rest of my PC sounds still worked. I still was able to talk though. At first this seemed randomly too me.

After some troubleshooting I found this out:
    I have the G35 - Logitech headset, this headset has a mute button itself, whenever I press this button the whole Teamspeak sound dies but the rest of my sounds - as I said - are still working. I really have no clue why this is happening but its annoying -.- Can you guys please check this?

Also weird: Sometimes when I re-enable the sound via the mute button of the headset, the Teamspeak sound comes back alive but sometimes it just stands off. (Of course the sound should be there the whole time)

Everything is up-to-date!

Thanks!

Edit: Sometimes it works all fine as I know it, wow this is a weird one.
    Last edited by BetaAlien; May 13th, 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Add info

Is there anything in the logs when the sound stops?

Thread Information