Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Robot/mickey mouse voice problem

I've seen a few posts relating to a similar problem but not specifically the problem I keep egtting so here we go.

When logging into TS3 people tell me I sound like a robot/mickey mouse voice .... if I close down TS3 client and restart it then it is clear. No one else has the problem on the server BUT I did have the same problem when we were using ventrilo.

So yes sounds like a pc issue ... but not sure how to stop this as it's really annoying having to log in..log out ...log in.

I've checked drivers (mic drivers which is actually a logitech cam with integrated mic) and they are the latest drivers.
    Reinstalled drivers and same problem.\

Any ideas on maybe some settings to force a certain configuration?

Thanks

Enginama

What is your Internet Speed? (www.speedtest.net click Share & Copy after done and post the link)
    Also Clientlog might be helpful when you have the problem.
    Try on different servers to see if it happens on any server or just specific ones.

did a speedtest test ... and consistent at 10-12mb/s
    I'll capture clientlog when it happens and post.
    fact it happened on vent servers (multiple and TS servers multiple) is something to do with my pc not their servers.

In fact the Upload Speed is what is interesting in this instance, since you are the one who sounds crappy to them but you can hear them clearly.
    Teamspeak is pretty demanding in terms of Upload Speed requiring up to 20kb/s depending on the Voice Codec Settings in the Channel.

Also on Teamspeak rightclick yourself in the channeltree and choose Client information. It will open up a window which will contain several Informations about your Connection. The Interesting Part here is what is called "Packet loss", pay attention to that one and watch if it raises.
    It should always be around < 2% and most of the time read 0.0%. I assume your Outgoing Packet Loss is spiking which means your Upload speed cannot cope with the demand. You could try to stop any Downloads and Uploads while using Teamspeak (Streams, Youtube, especially Torrents).
    Last edited by SilentStorm; April 26th, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

Typical ... it's not doing it now!!! I guess you guys scared it off.

Thread Information