Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb [REQUEST]Auto-reply to private messages

Hi,

I was searching for a plugin that auto-reply to anybody (private chat) while it is active. For example during gaming or AFK. Do you know a plugin somewhere offering this functionality? Thank you.

Code:
    local function onTextMessageEvent(serverConnectionHandlerID, targetMode, toID, fromID, fromName, fromUniqueIdentifier, message, ffIgnored)
        local  response = "You managed to send me a private Message"
        if targetMode = ts3defs.TextMessageTargetMode.TextMessageTarget_CLIENT then
            ts3.requestSendPrivateTextMsg(serverConnectionHandlerID, response, fromID)
        end
    end
    Untested LUA Code. No guarantees whatsoever! Use at your own Risk!

I've created the plugin for you so you don't have to worry about messing with everything. I won't be supporting it after this point in development however. It currently works for Win32 and Win64 bit versions of teamspeak 3 (API 16). I'm also including the source code in the download if anyone wants to make their own custom version of the plugin. As long as this plugin is turned on, it automatically sends a reply to anyone who sends you a PM. There is an auto-installer included so just run Auto-Responder.ts3_plugin after unzipping the download to install the plugin. Hope this helps you guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Doesn't test_plugin.dll do just this?

No it does not, it has example Code in the Source but this Code part is disabled as it would be a nightmare!
    What it does (and that is annoying enough) is to send a PM when you get poked.

thanks domert its really helpful, i was looking for a lua one , but yours is just what i needed, the problema will be if they update again the API :l

I (or another programmer) should be able to recompile the code really quick into the new API. That's one of the reasons I provided the source code. I just don't want to support any extra functionality. If someone wanted to pick up the project where I left off they could do things like letting users customize their own message, maybe have multiple messages that are linked to the plugin hotkeys. Maybe even add in a timer to kick in or detect when you're playing certain games in the process list. But since I kept seeing people ask for something like it I just threw a basic one together. I don't know LUA or I would have given you that one.

I can tell you that the LUA script doesn't seem to have any sort of check in place to ignore when you (the plugin user) send a private message. So the outcome of that script would most likely be someone sends you a message, the auto-reply sends one back which triggers the script and sends a message from you to you with the auto-reply which it then replies to and replies to and replies to (you get the idea).

You can easily accommodate for this contingency by checking your ClientID against the sender Client ID and only act if they are different.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    You can easily accommodate for this contingency by checking your ClientID against the sender Client ID and only act if they are different.
    Oh of course, I did that inside my plugin and made sure everything was all good. I just meant that the LUA code itself doesn't appear to have that in place so if someone wanted to make a LUA version of this they would have to alter the little snippet of lua code.

Yeah indeed I didn't put that in when I quickly put that Code up there... Disclaimer and Warning is there for a Reason
    It also won't work all by itself, one would need to create the outer shell for ts to load and work with it.

Thank you all for your help, works like a charm!

No problem, happy to help out when I can. If you want to show some love, just click the reputation button and add to my rep.

Hi,

can anyone compile the plugin for API 18? Or tell me how I can do that?

Regards,
    fusi

Didn't realize people were still interested in this. Well once again, just a very basic version, all I did was update the API to 19. I only did a basic test on it and everything seemed to be fine, comes with the source code and a teamspeak 3 auto-installer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hello please is there any chance to reply only to first message from user? if the user is send me next message then auto reply is send next message is there any chance to block this? thanks in advance for yours reply

Thread Information