Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Cannot get TS3 to work in Windows 7/64 bit

I have a fellow gamer I have been trying to get on TS3 , he has downloaded the app and installed on his machine-(he is running windows 7/64 bit) He cannot get TS3 to work, says the screen is grayed out and he cannot connect or do anything.

Is this an admin rights issue? If he chooses run as admin will this solve the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Taz

Hello Taz... im also running Windows7 64bit and have no problems at all... i also NOT run it as administator...
    Just install it and go with it.... so i know this not will help you but it is not the teamspeak program but a intern problem so i think you need to look there.

He has installed TS3 5-6 times and cannot get it to work, it is NOT an internet problem. Where you got that from I have no idea.

He was online with me when he was describing the problem. I had been told and read in other posts that installing using the Admin rights could solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thetazva View Post
    He has installed TS3 5-6 times and cannot get it to work, it is NOT an internet problem. Where you got that from I have no idea.

He was online with me when he was describing the problem. I had been told and read in other posts that installing using the Admin rights could solve the problem.
    More information like how he is running it, what type of [local] account he is using, some screenshots... all things that would help us to help you.

If he installed it with UAC running and placed it into the Program Files folder instead of the Program files (x86) folder, he will have issues. Particularly if he did it as a portable installation. Unless he is running it as administrator from there, features just won't work right.

Try to bring more information. It can only help, even if you think it doesn't matter.

Thread Information