Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question TeamSpeak 3 and America's Army 3 on one host

Hi hello

I have a big question about TeamSpeak 3 server.

Now I have a America's Army 3 game server which is running on my PC.

How do I setup a TeamSpeak 3 server on the same PC?

My PC operating system is Win7.
    Last edited by Big_John_twn; April 29th, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: no reason

No different than without AA.
    Installation Procedure for lets say Office doesn't change just because you have OpenOffice or BF3 installed now does it?
    Just because there is a particular Application installed Setup procedures for any other App doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    No different than without AA.
    Installation Procedure for lets say Office doesn't change just because you have OpenOffice or BF3 installed now does it?
    Just because there is a particular Application installed Setup procedures for any other App doesn't change.
    I can't connect with my TS3 server while AA3 Server is running.

Can't TS3 server run with AA3 game server together on the same PC?

By the way, there's a VoIP function in AA3 game server. It's TS3 SDK.

Yeah AA3 was the first game to include TS3 Technology, might be that they used default Ports which are also used by your Standalone Server (which would fail because the same Port cannot be used by multiple applications).
    Try changing the Ports the TS3 Server uses, you can find Documentation about how to do this in the docs Folder of the TS3 Server.

Yeah AA3 was the first game to include TS3 Technology, might be that they used default Ports which are also used by your Standalone Server (which would fail because the same Port cannot be used by multiple applications).
    Try changing the Ports the TS3 Server uses, you can find Documentation about how to do this in the docs Folder of the TS3 Server.
    I found three parameters of ports in the TS3 Server Quickstart Guide.

1. default_voice_port=9987
    2. filetransfer_port=30033
    3. query_port=10011

Should I change all of them, or just "default_voice_port"? And I don't use MySQL.

Depends which of these Ports is used by the AA3 Server, but since you are unable to connect just changing the voice_port should do the trick.

Just change the Link you use to run the TS3 Server so instead of "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win64.exe" it reads "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win64.exe" -default_voice_port=15000 in the Target Field.
    For any Servers that already exist you will need to use the Query Command serveredit virtualserver_port=<new port here>.
    Alternatively you can also just delete the ts3server.sqlitedb File inside the Server Directory, to start from scratch (This WILL DELETE your entire TS3 Server Configuration, including any Server, Permissions etc.)

Depends which of these Ports is used by the AA3 Server, but since you are unable to connect just changing the voice_port should do the trick.

Just change the Link you use to run the TS3 Server so instead of "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win64.exe" it reads "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Server\ts3server_win64.exe" -default_voice_port=15000 in the Target Field.
    For any Servers that already exist you will need to use the Query Command serveredit virtualserver_port=<new port here>.
    Alternatively you can also just delete the ts3server.sqlitedb File inside the Server Directory, to start from scratch (This WILL DELETE your entire TS3 Server Configuration, including any Server, Permissions etc.)
    Thanks for your help. After changing "default_voice_port", my TS3 server is running successfully. But I have to delete "ts3server.sqlitedb" every time for getting new port.

You need to start TS3 with that parameter each time you run it.
    But once the server is started with that parameter it should work and you won't need to delete the database file.
    That was just an alternative way without needing to modify the port of the already existing server!
    When you start the Server for the first time with that parameter it will create a server on that port and that server will use that port from that point on. It won't change and should continue to work.

Changing things via server query negates the need to start over with a new database.

Thread Information