Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Angry Server Setup, port forwarding issue

I've never seen such a pain in the a** software to set up. I've spent 3 days trying to set up a server so my friends and I can speak to each other while playing BF3. With no success! I've come to the end of my rope tying to figure this worthless software up. You really need better detailed instructions on how to set it up. Port Forward site is a joke. Tried to install the port checker software. Wont even install. Again just adding to the frustration of trying to get TeamSpeak up and going. Also. There are NO!!!!!!!!! instructions on what information I need so friends can connect to TeamSpeak once it is set up. From what I have seen. Everyone is spending to much time on worthless information, and not enough time on things that need to be addressed. Everyone keeps saying "Easy to set up" Yeah Right! Maybe for everyone that knows or have done it. But for individuals that have never set up TeamSpeak. It's really a pain!!!! So if anyone has any DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS. And I mean including showing how friends need to connect to a set up server. Pleas let me know!

First of all: Whatever Port Forwarding site or even software you used: It is not related to TeamSpeak!

What detailed Instructions are you missing?
    Setting up a Server is as easy as:
    - Downloading the Server
    - Extracting the Server to a Folder of your choice
    - Starting the executable
    - Allowing TS3 in the Firewall
    - IF the Server is running on a PC behind a Router: Forward 2 Ports to the PC running the Server.
    - Connect & enjoy

As for connecting: People need the IP Address of the Server to connect (as with any other Service you want to connect to)

Since you seem to be running the server on your PC your friends will need your public IP Address which most likely changes every 24 hours. To circumvent the issue you can use services like www.no-ip.com to translate your IP into a name and give that name to your Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    First of all: Whatever Port Forwarding site or even software you used: It is not related to TeamSpeak!

What detailed Instructions are you missing?
    Setting up a Server is as easy as:
    - Downloading the Server
    - Extracting the Server to a Folder of your choice
    - Starting the executable
    - Allowing TS3 in the Firewall
    - IF the Server is running on a PC behind a Router: Forward 2 Ports to the PC running the Server.
    - Connect & enjoy

As for connecting: People need the IP Address of the Server to connect (as with any other Service you want to connect to)

Since you seem to be running the server on your PC your friends will need your public IP Address which most likely changes every 24 hours. To circumvent the issue you can use services like www.no-ip.com to translate your IP into a name and give that name to your Friends.
    The first 4 on the list are done. However the "IF the Server is running on a PC behind a Router: Forward 2 Ports to the PC running the Server." I have not idea what you are explaining. Again you must assume I know what I am doing. I would post a photo if what I have got on TeamSpeak. But like a pain. This forum won't allow photos. So here is a screenshot link to the TS I have running. http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...peaknSetup.jpg Tell me what is wrong here? All I want from this point. Is to have friends to join in here. Here is a link to the router setting for port forwarding. http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...nksyssetup.jpg

Again you have to understand I have not set TS up before. So please approach it that way.

What info do I need to give for friends to connect to this? http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...peaknSetup.jpg if this is set up correct?

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMetal51 View Post
    However the "IF the Server is running on a PC behind a Router: Forward 2 Ports to the PC running the Server." I have not idea what you are explaining. Again you must assume I know what I am doing.
    You are running your Server on your PC.
    So the Condition under which you have to do the Forwarding is true since your PC is using the router to connect to the internet.
    Which means you have to forward the required TeamSpeak Ports which I did not mention explicitly because they are in the FAQ, countless Sticky Threads, not to mention easily found on google.
    If you do not know what Port forwarding actually is or why it is needed, or how to do it then again this Information is easily obtained using Google.

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMetal51 View Post
    Here is a link to the router setting for port forwarding. http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...nksyssetup.jpg
    See? wasn't that hard after all... Those Port Forwardings are looking good, even though they are a bit more than what is required as a bare minimum but thats fine.

Just make sure that the PC running the TS3 Server actually has the 192.168.0.140 IP Address.
    To do that Open the start Menu and type cmd, then press enter. A black Window should appear. Type ipconfig and Press enter.
    Look for "IPv4 Address" on the first Local Area Connection. The IP displayed there should be the same as in the port forwarding settings.

And what Info you need to give your Friends I already answered that in my first Post.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post

Other suggestion is you can buy a server from a Authorized Hoster http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/

It's very easy, you forget about the configuration and they do everything for you !!! think that your pc will rest and won't be conected 24/7, it's very expensive to have that.
    Last edited by varela1george; May 1st, 2012 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by varela1george View Post
    Other suggestion is you can buy a server from a Authorized Hoster http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/

It's very easy, you forget about the configuration and they do everything for you !!! think that your pc will rest and won't be conected 24/7, it's very expensive to have that.
    You should probably take the above advice. You clearly don't have a clue about anything server related and don't seem to have the patience required to learn. Also, if you think you're having a hard time with teamspeak, try setting up something that doesn't do all the work for you like a web, ftp, sql, mail or really any other server. As for portforward.com; it is a very useful site (arguably the best) if you have the patience and the level head to understand anything complicated.

There is no reason to come to this forum on the war path simply because you don't have the necessary knowledge to set something up.

Well we all know what "Assuming" does. And clearly your attitude sure don't help the situation. At this point I wouldn't sped a dime on anything to do with TS. And if I did have a clue about "anything server related" I sure wouldn't have to put up with your piss poor attitude. All I do is come in asking for some help. And some understanding that NOT every one sets up TS every day such as your self. And when it can be explained in a manner that can be understood. Then probably wouldn't have any issues.

Lesson learn for yourself. Try show the same patience back. Don't be so rude!

Assuming is the mother of all fuck ups!

Maybe this thread is useful for you: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...annot-connect)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    Maybe this thread is useful for you: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...annot-connect)
    Yes it did. Thanks so much.

it can be your firewall in your router that give you the problem look in to that i got a friend that had same issue and he turn his firwall of in router and then it worked for him

Thread Information