Forum

Solved Action currently not possible due to spam protection..

I have TS 3.0.5 installed and am using ACRE 1.3.16. Some of my clients who are using the same versions are getting the error "action unavailable due to spam protection" and getting the ERROR voice. It disables them from switching channels or pasting text. This makes sense but I am not sure what is causing this. The clients can go to other TS servers and they don't get this issue.

My TS is pretty vanilla and am sure that I probably have to turn down the anti-spam level.

Can anyone help?

a quick search did not help me.

flood prevention, please try again later,

i have been on the clan TS most of the day logged off to grab some food came back about an hour later and all i am getting is this error message
    flood prevention, please try again later,
    tried looking on the net for a solution but so far have found nothing can anyone shed some light on this please
    ive tried changing my nickname aswell as resetting my router but im still getting the same error

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; April 25th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

(Tools => Edit Virtual Server => Anti Flood)

Cool, and then what. Edit to increase or decrease points?

You could increase "Reduce points per tick" or increase "Points needed to block .."
    Last edited by dante696; May 11th, 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: wrong values
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Okay, I have bumped the reduce points per tick from 5 to 15. I'll see if that helps.

Seems to have helped! Thanks everyone.

bug report

I have a teamspeak server hosted by a company, but since the update to the 3.0.5 version i get, if i'm doing some administration to links or permissions system, the following announcement and can do nothing

Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.

Is this a bug in the server or host problem>

kind regards

vincent

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; April 26th, 2012 at 07:11 AM.

Hello.

Maybe this thread could help you:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-having-errors

Greetings

A Problem with the Flood Settings on your Server. Either change the Values yourself or if you cannot do that contact your Hoster and ask him to change the flood settings.
    Edit Virtual server -> Anti Flood -> Points needed to block should be >= 150 (which seems to be the default value)
    Last edited by SilentStorm; April 25th, 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Action currently not possible due to spam protection..

hi i found bug <21:49:54> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:49:54> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:49:55> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:00> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:00> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:04> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:05> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:06> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:06> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:10> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:12> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:12> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:15> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:18> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:18> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:24> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.
    <21:50:24> Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.

How fix this??

Right click on the server name (top in the channels tree)
    Edit Virtual Server > Anti Flood > increase "Reduced points per tick"
    Last edited by Jordi; May 8th, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: reverse, thanks

Ever considered reading the Message?
    No? Well then I'll let you in on a little Secret (but don't tell anyone else): The Message actually tells you what is wrong, and even better yet it also tells you how to fix it! Awesome isn't it?

And no it's no Bug, it's just a Protection against Spammers, which each Serveradmin can adjust to their liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    decrese "Reduced points per tick"
    Decreasing reduced points per tick actually does the opposite doesn't it? If I were to decrease that value when you are blocked it should make you having to wait longer, since I decreased the amount of points you loose every tick.
    Last edited by SilentStorm; May 7th, 2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Reply to Jordi

Hi guys I have the same problem but don't have a team speak server. I just connect to public teamspeak and create a temporary channel so have no permissions to alter the anti flood settings.

Do I have any options at all besides having to rent my own teamspeak server to then get the permissions it requires?

Thanks.

Thread Information