Forum

Push to Talk and Voice Activation

When I used TS2 I could never hear myself when I use push to talk mode over my external speakers but in TS3 it does and I suppose this is used to test it but it echos very badly... when I try to set the volume slider in push to talk it will not move...at all.. but I found if I go to voice activation and test I am able to slide the little bar to set its limits. Is this option only for voice activation mode? I use my internal mike on my laptop and it works well as far as that goes and it worked like a charm in TS2 and when I use my home entertainment system as playback mode in TS2 everything went swimmingly but in TS3 when I try this same set up there are echo issues and was wondering if one or the other is set a little too high or both for that matter and if that causes a feedback causing the echos. I use a HDMI cable to connect as I also stream movies and sound from my laptop to my sound system...I did notice in HDMI mode on my laptop when I have TS3 activated it puts an icon in my windows mixer configuration dialog box to adjust the volume and when I use that it overrides the volume control in TS3 and that option is no longer is adjustable. TS3 does have a lot more options and it looks like a winner and everyone is going to it but the sound issues are really magnified that were non issues in TS2 anyway I hope someone can help me here and thanks in advance to any and all.
    Sam~

The slider is for voice activation only, it defines, when your client starts to send, what your microphone records.

You only play other voices through your speakers?
    This is always a bad setting and it was a bad setting in TS2 too.
    You will always send other people voices and sounds, while you talk and it does not matter, if you use Push-To-Talk or Voice Activation.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks for your timely answer and that clears that up about the slider... As far as using external speakers instead of headphones atleast half the users I game with prefer speakers instead of headphones especially so you can hear someone while temporarily away and not be tethered incase you make a move and forget.... amongst other things.

Thread Information