Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Uninstalling Teamspeak

Hello, guys I would like to know how to uninstall Teamspeak on my mac. If you could please tell me how I would greatly appreciate it.

You can deinstall the client, like all otehr applications on your Mac.
    Just delete the TS Icon from your Applications folder.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Uninstal...ns_in_Mac_OS_X
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question uninstalling TS3 on mac

i've been advised to do a clean reinstall of TS3. merely dragging the app to the trash isn't doing it. there must be other stuff that needs to go. i found two files in my library with "teamspeak" in the name. i dumped them. still not enough.

is there an "official" way to uninstall TS3?

help please

The official way to uninstall TeamSpeak on Mac OS X is the same like uninstalling other Mac apps: Drag the app to trash.

The configuration files are located in /Users/<yourname>/.ts3client/
    These files are not removed, which would be unusual and generally a bad idea for people who just want to update the application. If you really want to wipe all your configuration (bookmarks, identities etc.), just delete the content .ts3client directory within your home folder (it's hidden, watch the leading dot).
    The plan is to move configuration files to a more standard location on Mac (~/Library/Preferences/). The location ~/.<app> is more Unix-style. While still possible on Mac, it's not exactly considered as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    The official way to uninstall TeamSpeak on Mac OS X is the same like uninstalling other Mac apps: Drag the app to trash.

The configuration files are located in /Users/<yourname>/.ts3client/
    These files are not removed, which would be unusual and generally a bad idea for people who just want to update the application. If you really want to wipe all your configuration (bookmarks, identities etc.), just delete the content .ts3client directory within your home folder (it's hidden, watch the leading dot).
    The plan is to move configuration files to a more standard location on Mac (~/Library/Preferences/). The location ~/.<app> is more Unix-style. While still possible on Mac, it's not exactly considered as standard.
    I always thought the just dragging it to the trash never really removes for help properly!
    Last edited by LucyJ; May 17th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

You can use a tool like Appzapper which should remove all TS3 related files, no matter where they are located (works great for all other Apps as well) or you just follow the official unistall instructions in the Mac Specific FAQ Thread, just three above yours...
    Reading is hard, I know!

Thread Information