Forum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

putty commands or help?

I reloaded my PC, i used to be set as serveradmin or whatever it now, however with reload i am nothing, how to i reenter myself as SA so i can edit all my servers on the virtual server, i DO have the god password and putty.

merged, see post #2
    Last edited by Chris; April 10th, 2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: thread merged

Server Admin Token lost

You know that window that pops up with Server Admin token when you first launch. Well, i took a photo of it, but when i enter it with my keyboard i keep getting wrong Token. How do i go about recovering this info? or having that window pop up again? Thanks

Merged, see post #2
    Last edited by Chris; April 24th, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Unhappy Server admin problem

I'm hosting a small ts3 server, but i installed windows 7 again and i didn't make a back-up. so i have installed ts3 again but now i don't have any permissions left.

can someone help me ?
    i have save my first lauch admin password but i don't know how to use it where i put it

sorry for but english

Merged, see post #2
    Last edited by Chris; May 22nd, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

recovering super admin

I just wanted to put my client update and replaces all my folder to the new one as i've seen on another post and now that i'm up to date i lost my super admin in the process.

I kept my super admin code but it says it can only be used once, and now i'm stuck as a ''guest'' on my personnal server.

How can i recover my super admin i tryed something to create a new shortcut and add superadmin_password=newpassword to the link of the new shortcut but it does not work with the privilege key it say i use wrong key or a key already used and the key can only be used once.

Can you help me ?

Dany

in fact i wanted to upgrade my teamspeak server to have 512 guest max from 32 and it does not worked so i wanted to update to the latest version.
    Last edited by Chris; June 26th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dany1 View Post
    in fact i wanted to upgrade my teamspeak server to have 512 guest max from 32 and it does not worked so i wanted to update to the latest version.
    You have to get a license for that. You can get one free if you can qualify for a non-profit license.

Quote Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
    You have to get a license for that. You can get one free if you can qualify for a non-profit license.
    i downloaded the license, and installed it in the directory but as i said it doesn't worked, so i have guessed it was only because i was not up to date. Or maybe i did it wrong i really don't know, i think i followed the step correctly though...

What i know is when i put the licensekey.dat in the folder of my server and i re-opened my server i was unable to reconnect.

i downloaded the license, and installed it in the directory but as i said it doesn't worked, so i have guessed it was only because i was not up to date. Or maybe i did it wrong i really don't know, i think i followed the step correctly though...

What i know is when i put the licensekey.dat in the folder of my server and i re-opened my server i was unable to reconnect.
    Just a guess, but I don't think the licensekey.dat would prevent you from connecting to the server.

Just a guess, but I don't think the licensekey.dat would prevent you from connecting to the server.
    Well for now i just want to recover super admin status then i'll try to solve the licensekey.dat problem after.

Well for now i just want to recover super admin status then i'll try to solve the licensekey.dat problem after.
    I tried everything under the sun to do this. I finally found that this worked:

http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...chokiller.html

But in order to login with that, I had to run another script that resets the superadmin password. I can't remember where I got that.

The TeamSpeak 3 Knowledge Base gives this method:

To get the login data for the server administator, do the following:
    Start the TeamSpeak server.
    Open the file server.log that is created in the same directory where the server executable is located.
    Look for the following lines:

??-??-?? ??:??:??,WARNING,Info,SERVER, admin account info: username: admin password: abc123
    ??-??-?? ??:??:??,WARNING,Info,SERVER, superadmin account info: username: superadmin password: 123abc

For you the password will be DIFFERENT.
    However, I do not have a server.log file.

1- Connect to your Server using the regular TS3 Client.
    2- Goto Permissions -> Servergroups.
    3- Write down or memorize the Number in Parentheses behind the Server Group Name. (eg. "Server Admin (6)" => 6)
    4- Open a connection to the Serverquery using Putty or similar.
    5-Do the following in said Query Session:
    Code:

login serveradmin <password>
    use port=<The port you used to connect using the TS3 Client>
    tokenadd tokentype=0 tokenid1=<The Number you memorized in step 3> tokenid2=0
    ### Above Command will output a new Privilege Key! Copy it!
    quit

6- Switch back to the TS3 Client and use the generated Privilege Key.
    7- Backup your TS3 Identity to some safe place!
    Thank me
    Include me in your Prayers
    Have fun.

[/B] file.
    i've seen this that seems to help me but i don't understand step 4 open a connection to serverquery using putty or similar what that mean ?

ok i downloaded Putty and i'm trying to use the command but my putty is closing alone after a few seconde someone know why ?

my putty keep closing even when i'm writting someone know why ?

i've seen this that seems to help me but i don't understand step 4 open a connection to serverquery using putty or similar what that mean ?
    Putty is a utility. The other program by Psychokiller will do the same thing but with a more self-explanatory GUI interface, but you have to use Google translate unless you read German.

Putty is a utility. The other program by Psychokiller will do the same thing but with a more self-explanatory GUI interface, but you have to use Google translate unless you read German.

I don't read German, i'm so close to my goal with putty, but right now i'm stuck because it keep closing before i can enter the code right. So i repeat if someone know how to use putty right please tell me, cause i've done everything i've read to keep putty open with many search and still it close after let's say 15 seconds so i can't enter the code to reset my privilege key.

in putty, I don't see it in the post above, you have to supply address and port.
    Assuming you haven't entered there nothing, not even localhost type telnet port 10011 (that is what step 4 talks about)
    You weren't actually connecting to teamspeak3 server.
    TeamSpeak3 server have to be running for putty/psychokiller Web GUI.

Drop me a PM with your server address.
    or just write me message(to prove your interest) and I will send you address to myne.

Thread Information