Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

TS3 Lost privilege key private LAN server

I have lost my privilege key on a private server. However, I run this server off my computer and port forward so all the files are local.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make myself admin again, because I can't seem to find anything online about this when you're not hosting a server on the internet.

Thank you all!

Create a new key then. Next time, use search before making a new thread with a question that has been answered multiple times.

Lost perms due to hardware upgrade *HELP*

Hello, I recently hosted a teamspeak 3 server from my home pc which i have done multiple times before with no issues.. However this time i have upgraded hardware on my PC and reinstalled windows. forgetting all my client info was stored on the old os i has installed, therefore all my permissions were lost. The server is hosted on my pc so i ask is it possible to somehow get my permissions back as a lot of effort went into the teamspeak channels & perm system ect. (I have my server query login and password) i just have not used it before.
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks,
    Kurt
    Last edited by dante696; April 14th, 2016 at 09:54 AM. Reason: merged

I was working on a teamspeak for 2 hours + on perms then I deleted my owner rank

So I was working on a teamspeak for 2 hours + on perms then I deleted my owner rank by accident so now I can edit anything nor give myself back the rank is it possible if there is a way to rollback the server to when I had the rank or undo it or something , either way it would be greatly appreciate if you could advise me on how to do so and I worked hard on the perms for a good 2 hours and I don't wanna see it go to waste
    Last edited by dante696; April 15th, 2016 at 11:23 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    1. Connect to your Server using the regular TS3 Client.
    2. Goto Permissions -> Servergroups.
    3. Write down or memorize the Number in Parentheses behind the Server Group Name. (eg. "Server Admin (6)" => 6)
    4. Open a connection to the Serverquery using Putty or similar.
    5. Do the following in said Query Session:
      Code:
      login serveradmin <password>
      use port=<The port you used to connect using the TS3 Client>
      tokenadd tokentype=0 tokenid1=<The Number you memorized in step 3> tokenid2=0
      ### Above Command will output a new Privilege Key! Copy it!
      quit
    6. Switch back to the TS3 Client and use the generated Privilege Key.
    7. Backup your TS3 Identity to some safe place!
    8. Thank me
    9. Include me in your Prayers
    10. Have fun.
    Dear All,

I run TS3 server on my NAS.
    I reinstalled my computer so I lost my admin rights.

The instruction is clear for me. I could use Putty with Query port, but I do not know what is the login USERNAME and PASSWORD.
    When I have created my server I did not give password !

Now I tried with different "username + password" combinations, but I got this error message back:

login admin password
    error id=520 msg=invalid\sloginname\sor\spassword

- I tried with NAS username like "admin" and its password: does not work.
    - I tried with TS3 nickname (what had token key) like "Barack_palinka": does not work.

Where can I find the username and password for "login" command?

Lightbulb Guide for Regaining Admin on Your Own Server

This seems to be an issue for a lot of users and it was for me as well. I searched a lot of websites on how to do this but most of the guides were not very clear. I finally figured it out using pieces of various posts and documented the procedure. I have provided a link of my guide. I hope this helps someone. If you wish to thank me, a reply in the thread of the guide would be appreciated.

Regaining TeamSpeak 3 Server Admin
    Last edited by dante696; June 6th, 2016 at 10:14 AM. Reason: merged

On the http://i.imgur.com/2qwCkEj.png , the "Whatever you want password to be" pointed should really be "whatever password you have specified when starting the server".

Lost ServerAdmin rights/privilege.

When connecting to my TS server with the same identity I've used since setup... I'm no longer given ServerAdmin rights on connection.

Code:
    2016-01-18 13:13:11.598009|INFO    |VirtualServer |  1| listening on 0.0.0.0:9987
    2016-01-18 13:13:11.598502|INFO    |VirtualServer |  1| client 'server'(id:0) added privilege key for servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    2016-01-18 13:13:11.598601|WARNING |VirtualServer |  1| --------------------------------------------------------
    2016-01-18 13:13:11.598706|WARNING |VirtualServer |  1| ServerAdmin privilege key created, please use the line below
    2016-01-18 13:13:11.598804|WARNING |VirtualServer |  1| token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    2016-01-18 13:13:11.598905|WARNING |VirtualServer |  1| --------------------------------------------------------
    2016-01-18 13:17:46.281444|INFO    |VirtualServer |  1| client (id:2) was added to servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6) by client 'server'(id:0)
    2016-01-18 13:17:46.282389|INFO    |VirtualServer |  1| client '@Marsh'(id:2) used privilege key 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' and was added to servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    2016-01-18 13:18:56.710682|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| stopped
    That what I found in the log folder on the server, so i know I'm connecting with the right NickName/ident

it says id:2, but I've never used any other Nickname/id to connect.

How do I obtain admin privilege/rights again?

how to Gain back the admin rights to my server

Hello, my SSD has died, so i had to get a new one and reinstall everything, however, I got the TS Server on D drive. with the Key and admin passwords in a notepad. i just need to know how to get back the admin rights to my server. I have the key and password.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dante696; July 4th, 2016 at 02:41 PM. Reason: merged

lost my server admin

I logged out my ts and when I came back in I lost all my tags and am the server owner how do I get my server admin tag back
    Last edited by dante696; October 30th, 2016 at 11:38 AM. Reason: merged, no bug

I moved myself to perm guest by mistake. How do I get back to server owner?

Hello,

I created a teamspeak server and I accidently moved myself to perm guest. I was wondering if anyone could help me get my server admin permissions back.

If an administrator needs any extra information I am happy to release it.

Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; December 2nd, 2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: merged

I need help. [BIG PROBLEM]

I made a TS3 Server yesterday but today I couldn't open my Teamspeak and I had to reinstall it.
    But when I connected, I wasn't longer admin.
    Now I want to get admin on that 'account'.
    Anyone know how?
    Last edited by dante696; December 13th, 2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: merged + lack of logs

Lost server admin rank.

So i'm the new server owner setting up a server and I was chaning stuff and deleted my admin rank and nobody else has the rank to revive it what do I do? It's a team speak generated one from scratch.
    Last edited by dante696; December 18th, 2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: merged

Disabled Server Admin

Hi, I made my own TS3 server on my computer and i basically removed myself from server admin , i have removed Guests from using privilege keys and now i don't know how to make myself server admin again please help!
    Last edited by Chris; February 10th, 2017 at 08:51 PM. Reason: merged

Lost my Server Ownership Privileges

So, I have this Teamspeak server and I've lost my privileges.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall my Teamspeak into a new folder.
    Upon reinstalling, I realized that I lost my server owner privileges as, I'm guessing, my unique ID was reset or something - making me a different TS user.

Is there any way I could get my ownership back?
    I don't have ServerQuery enabled or whatever that is.
    I don't have any active privilege keys available.

I've done some research, and found that I could manually go into the files and input my Unique ID along with the ID number of the server group, but I need some guidelines as to how to do that.

I'll need some specifics please like what the note-doc will look like as well as what I specifically put into the note.
    Last edited by dante696; February 20th, 2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information