Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TeamSpeak 3 connecting to a server with only command line (startup parameters)?

I have a self-managed TeamSpeak 3 server hosted on Linux (CentOS 6.2 x64) and fully working. Now, I'm trying to run a music bot with PulseAudio or anything else on the same server with SSH access on root level. For this, I installed the TeamSpeak 3 Linux client (amd64 of course) and I'm trying to run it as a normal user.

I don't have any ini config setup yet, and I tried this for example:

Code:
    ./ts3client_runscript.sh ts3server://localhost?nickname=Test
    But I'm getting this error instead:

Code:
    ts3client_linux_amd64: cannot connect to X server
    The server is up and I can connect to it just fine from Windows. Any guidance here? I haven't tried VNC yet, and I'm trying to avoid installing it unless completely necessary to setup the client first. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: How did this end up in Mac OS X? I'm quite sure I selected Linux. o_O Okay, just reporting it to be moved...

TS3 has a GUI and hence needs some sort of Window Manager, there is no Commandline Version available at this time.

Please install the client first, then setup a bookmark, where your client does connect on startup automatically.
    This is already possible on that way and you do not need a command or any invite.
    Last edited by dante696; August 13th, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The problem is, I cannot setup a bookmark without any VNC setup first. I believe that would be my only choise then, but if I'd proceed with creating a bookmark first, is it possible to remove VNC and start + connect from commandline after that?

Thread Information