Forum

When Changing Room to Permanent, The Passwords change to Permanent

This is really odd. I Myself, am the Server Admin/Server Query Admin. I go to edit a channel, which is passworded to a Permanent Channel, and the Password Changes to Permanent. This should Not happen I think. I looked all around in permissions, Didn't see anything about this.

Is this a bug or feature, or what? I'm so confused, and Yes I tried searching. Didn't get anything else related to mine.

Channel passwords are always permanent, until deletes the channel or change password.

unless you enter something / change whats already there into the password Field when editing the Channel the Password will not be changed at all!
    I doubt you were able to enter the Channel with "permanent" as Password after making it permanent without changing the password.

Just because in the Channel info on the right it says Permanent, Password doesn't mean that permanent is the password. Its just which Flags are set for the Channel. A Channel can be either Semi-Permanent or Permanent and of course also have a password. Depending on which of them is true it will be shown on the right.

Well, I tried this on my own Personal Offline Server. It does the same, though the password isn't "Permanent", however, it does change. I usually set a password like Derp, but when I go to change the room to Permanent, or Semi, it will change, from 4 dots to 8 or so, yet I'm not able to see what the password is.

It really is annoying, if you don't know the passwords of other channels on the server.

Btw, I do not touch the password field when editing the channel. So I have no clue whats going on.
    Last edited by DevilHunter; May 24th, 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Adding a bit more

As I said already the Password does NOT change unless you modify the password field in the Edit Channel dialog, the amount of Dots displayed is fixed regardless of the actual Password or even the length.
    Last edited by SilentStorm; May 24th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Ok, I just talked to the guy that had the issue, turns out he was joking.. ( I should stop taking jokes so srsly ) This thread has served its purpose then

Thread Information