Forum

Solved [not possible] ip for client description

is there any way to show client ip address in client info(description)
    so i want to show like this

Nickname:
    Custom Nickname:
    Unique ID:
    Database ID:
    Version:
    Connections:
    First Connected:
    Online Since:
    Client IP:
    Description:

Server Groups:

Channel Group:
    im a server admin and i want to make viewing client much easier.so i wont right click on a client and then select 'client connection info' to see the client address..
    but its just there on client info(description)

No it's not possible actually. If you want see an user ip adress, you must do a right-click on the user and select Client connection info.

N.B: If the permssion is not activated, you will get at the ip adress line "hide". By default, this permission is activated in the group Server Admin .

Quote Originally Posted by ARAGORN View Post
    No it's not possible actually. If you want see an user ip adress, you must do a right-click on the user and select Client connection info.

N.B: If the permssion is not activated, you will get at the ip adress line "hide". By default, this permission is activated in the group Server Admin .
    did i just said its just for me(server admin)?my permission is all granted..so its not a problem with that..

umh...i need solution..i swear its possible

It is... if the Developers decide to export this Information to the Theme, but unless that happens it is just not possible without installing addition things.

It would be possible to display this Information using a Plugin but again everyone would've to install the plugin and needs the aforementioned permission to actually see the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    It is... if the Developers decide to export this Information to the Theme, but unless that happens it is just not possible without installing addition things.

It would be possible to display this Information using a Plugin but again everyone would've to install the plugin and needs the aforementioned permission to actually see the IP.
    well...something i looked upon(the script),they not adding that..but of course the one who use that theme(or skin),must be allowed to see other's IP

i think no need for any plugin.because i want to add that to the user desc's..

El_makong,
    It's not nice to show every IP to users, who should not see them. This could be abused with spam/hacks/flood!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    El_makong,
    It's not nice to show every IP to users, who should not see them. This could be abused with spam/hacks/flood!
    well, the skin is just for me and other admin..who given the permission to see client's ip..not for user/staff's..just me and 1 more admin at my server..

As said in post # 2 this is currently not possible and we do not see any use of such a feature for a skin.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

If it's just for two people and they really do not want to open the client conenction info it really isn't that hard for both of them to install a small plugin that would do that

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    If it's just for two people and they really do not want to open the client conenction info it really isn't that hard for both of them to install a small plugin that would do that
    i would like to not use a small plugin..just not to use it.thats why i ask this matter..

El_makong, this is currently the only way to get the ip automatically or open the conenction information. There is no other way!

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    El_makong, this is currently the only way to get the ip automatically or open the conenction information. There is no other way!
    hmm...okay then...thanks..if possible,the dev could add this feature..but only to who has the permission to see the client ip...thanks b4

As said in post #8 we don't see any use of that feature. Please use a script/bot/server query or the right-click on that user.

I put this into a discussion next week, that all client properties maybe should be visible.

Thread Information