Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

A connection problem

Hi guys,

I know this probably more of a modem problem than a teamspeak's problem. so any help would be appreciated
    I set up a Teamspeak server, and everything is fine, I had all the ports forwarded, no problem with connection. my ip is dynamic, so also i set up a dynamic DNS on no-ip.com for my friends. The modem i'm using is billion 7300. The problem is the modem is kinda old, it will restart by itself from time to time. so my isp suggest me to replace it.

So i use my spare modem iconnect 625W, the teamspeak server works fine. The problem is when I try to connect with my iphone, it give me "error connecting to server [0x705]" message. It's the same when I try to connect with my other computer or laptop which are from the same LAN network. Interesting part is when i connect the server with my mobile connection with my iPhone. it works. so it is something wrong with the modem, seems blocking connection from LAN.

I have the same problem when I try to use other iPhone apps like "Vlcstreamer" I have to set up manually to make it work, but i didn't have the problem with the Billion modem. So quite obvious it's the modem's problem, seems to block device connect from LAN. Weird!

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

note: i tried to turn off the firewall on my modem, result is the same.

Some Routers have problems (read do not support) with connection requests that resolve to themselves, which is the case if you try to connect to your own Public IP from within your LAN.

You will need to use the Local IP of the PC running the TS3 Server for connections from within your LAN and it will work just fine.

yeah local IP works, is there a setting i can change to gain access from my public ip?

No, as long as you are in the same network you have to use the local IP, others will of course have to use your Public one and should have no problems as long as the portforwardings are correct. So it's not an issue at all.

It's strange, I have problem with my iphone app like Vlcstreamer and off remote with the iconnect 625W, but no problem when I use the billion 7300. It seems block my access from local ip. That's why I was thinking maybe there's a setting to change it.

Thread Information