Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Recording each user in separate file

Here is the problem I have.

I help run a gaming podcast that features 3-4 people on each show. While my audio and the other host's audio is of good quality, sometimes our guest's audio has issues.

I am looking for a way to touch up/edit each speaker separately. I currently record using teamspeak, and the quality is quite nice, but it would make my life so much easier if each person was separated. I can mix a multitrack together using Adobe Audition after. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Fumanchu

MultiTrack Recording

Quote Originally Posted by thefumanchu View Post
    Here is the problem I have.

I help run a gaming podcast that features 3-4 people on each show. While my audio and the other host's audio is of good quality, sometimes our guest's audio has issues.

I am looking for a way to touch up/edit each speaker separately. I currently record using teamspeak, and the quality is quite nice, but it would make my life so much easier if each person was separated. I can mix a multitrack together using Adobe Audition after. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Fumanchu

Hello Fumanchu,

I am in the same situation as you are in. I do editing for two talk shows that we do and it would be awesome to be able to do a multi track recording. I envision being able to click on record then a sign a file name and every client thereafter with sequential numbering automatically would record all the channel clients to individual files. That way as you stated above, in my case I would load all recorded files in to Audacity then be able to manipulate each track individually. But unfortunately due to the lack of response from your request it looks like it fell on deaf ears. Which is sad too, because that would really be nice for both of us to be able to have this feature to make both our jobs a lot easier. Hopefully, the developers of team speak what hear our cry and maybe do something about it.

Sincerely,
    Dionsol
    Lead Audio Engineer Holosuite Media
    Last edited by Chris; October 30th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Are there any news on this?

Well i think a lot on this in last year and fast and easy way is "explode"(php) recorded file witch txt file contains start talking time and end talking time for each user. Then split (php also) into a group of filles for each user and save as one file for user.

I think this can be done automaticly by teamspeak lua (where monitor and save user and time for each user) and audacity (i guess but need someone who working more witch this software).

Also i can help make this working.

I know this is a very old thread but
    I have not found any solution for this problem so far
    not by browsing the web,this forum or plugin sites
    and I have a bit programming knowledge but my knowledge is still not enough to write it on my own...

So I want to ask here if now anyone has a solution for this?

I need to record like TS3 normally dose just with the difference
    that every client in my channel(includes me) gets his own audiotrack instead of one audiotrack for all.
    That would really save me a lot time :O

I would be thankful for every hint or tut or what ever may help me to solve this.
    Or if someone is very smart he could write me the code I need, I would do what I can to get it to work o.o

Implemented with version 3.3.0.

Thread Information