Forum

How to Obtain Server Address and Join Server

Just a few days ago I acquired a Non Profit License for Teamspeak. I was (and still am) very confused on how to make use of my license. What i have done so far is followed a couple different tutorial videos from the teamspeak website and am still very confused. I had a friend try to join my server to see if everything was working before i started bringing more people in but i realized I dont know what my server address is because i dont remember creating a name. so my question is how do i create/change the name of my server. i am just alone in my teamspeak channel and it says on the side that my server address is 'localhost'. I am very confused and frustrated and would love it if someone could help me out, thank you very much.

The Address on the InfoPanel is always whatever you used when you connected to the Server.

The ServerAddress is whatever the Global IP Address of the PC / Server running the TS3 Server is. In your case, since you are running the server on your own PC it is whatever is printed here, which in some countries changed every 24hours. To avoid having to give all the People your new IP each day you can use a DynDNS Service like www.no-ip.com.
    However since you are running the Server on your own System you need to forward the required Ports to your PC. See the Sticky in the Client Support Forum (whatever it does there) if you don't know how.

The Servername can be changed by editing the Server, however this has nothing to do how people connect to your Server, it's just a name that is displayed in the Client.
    Last edited by SilentStorm; May 29th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

To add to that, your friends can join the server from the server list by typing all or part of the name you set. Keep in mind you need to have all ports forwarded.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567 View Post
    To add to that, your friends can join the server from the server list by typing all or part of the name you set. Keep in mind you need to have all ports forwarded.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    provided the Reporting to Weblist is enabled of course.. and you'd still have to forward all ports in order to enable connecting in the first place. Using Weblist would only sort of eliminate the need to give them a new IP each day, however it would also mean that your Friends cannot use Bookmarks to connect to your Server but will have to use the Weblist each time. Weblist only lists 100 Servers tops (so they'd have to use Filters) and sometimes has 'hick-ups'.

Okay I have tried everything mentioned above and followed links to different pages and still isnt working for me. To be honest, it May be it is because i don't understand most of this. I don't know where the InfoPanel is located ( i am new to Teamspeak). I also don't completely understand the whole forwarding thing, even after reading how to do it. Also what is "Reporting to Weblist"?

Tools -> Edit Virtual Server -> More -> Misc -> Enable reporting to weblist.
    If this is enabled your Server will show up on Connections -> Web Server List.

Infopanel is the right side part of teamspeak.

Thread Information