Forum

Question Client Informations Analysis

i'm new user for teamspeak. please help me...

1. what is the value of packet loss come from? please tell me the formula of it..
    2. in the client informations, there are many information of ping. for example 190 + 50.2 . please tell me the mean of every value of it?

sorry for bad in english. thank of ur answer..

Packet loss should be pretty self explanatory... its just the same as any other calculation which is expressed in percent. (packets send to/from your Client divided by 100 multiplied with packets received by your Client/the Server).

Ping is also self explanatory the average amount of time it takes for packets send by your client to be received by the server. The second value is the spray from the average value. So using your above values it takes between 140 and 240 ms for the packets to be received by the server.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    Packet loss should be pretty self explanatory... its just the same as any other calculation which is expressed in percent. (packets send to/from your Client divided by 100 multiplied with packets received by your Client/the Server).
    Or (Packets_sent - Packets_received) / Packets_sent * 100

thanks fo all respond..

your answer mean that the value is about 140 -240. But i am still confused about ping value. in my example, ping status is 190 + 50.2 . where is value 50.2 come from? is it come from bandwitdh calculation or values of jitter?
    thank's for ur respond.

i am sorry i have another question of client information beside value of ping information.
    in client information, there are any information about Keep Alive and Control information. please tell me the mean of it.

regards.

thanks for ur answer

Hi,

Packet Loss: The (estimated) chance of a packet sent to not arrive at the destination, so if on my client I see outgoing packetloss 10%, it means from 10 packets I send to the server only 9 will arrive, on average.

Ping: The average time in milliseconds it takes for a packet to travel from the client to the server and back from the server to the client (so it is two way, not single trip). So a ping of 100 means that when my client sends a packet to the server and the server answers this packet as fast as it can, then it takes 0.1 seconds for the answer to arrive at my client.

Ping Deviation (the value you see behind the +/- symbol): How much the ping value is jumping up and down. This is a calculation of the standard deviation ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation ) of our ping measurements around the average. If we measure your ping 10 times we get different values [usually], and the more they are apart the higher the ping deviation will be.

Keep Alive and Control (and Voice): There are differnet types of packets in TeamSpeak, and these 3 categories show the stats pertaining to the individual category: Keep Alive packets are small packets that are sent regularly (like ping measurements) that keep the connection alive and measure some data. Control packets are issued when the user does something (e.g. switch channel) and also when something happens the server informs the client about (e.g. a user switched a channel). So, when the server sits idle these will stay low, but on big busy servers with many things happening these will be high.

Question

thanks for teamspeak team respond..

but in ping measurement there are have default packet size, 32 byte for ping. any default packet size on Keep Alive and Control to connection between teamspeak client and teamspeak server?

in client conection info. there are any incoming packet loss information and outgoing packet loss information. where are incoming and outgoing? they are from data traffic on server or incoming and outgoing traffic on computer client?

i tried to open teamspeak last night. i see that for channel setting on audio tab, there are many configuration for chanel codec. i still confused about it. i choose the choice "optimal setting for desire bandwitdh" but in every quality of voice consist of different delay and bitrate. and the value of it different between morning and night. please give me some explanations about it.

thank's a lot for the answer..
    Last edited by munawar.shidiq; June 1st, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

Thread Information