Forum

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    your groups up to member probably have some vital permissions removed (in an attempt to give them 'no permissions'). Make sure that these groups have i_group_needed_member_add_power. The value to that permission depends on who should be first to give that group out to others. You'll probably want to have it set to 60 so only your admins and above can give it out (or anyone with i_group_member_add_power of 60 and above really).

In general to be able to hand out groups your own i_group_member_add_power must be equal to or higher than the needed_member_add_power of the group you want to give out. If a permission is removed then for comparison it's treated as a value of 0. So since the lower groups (hopefully) have no group_member_add_power assigned it'll translate to "if 0 >= 0" which in fact is true, so they're allowed to assign the group.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    your groups up to member probably have some vital permissions removed (in an attempt to give them 'no permissions'). Make sure that these groups have i_group_needed_member_add_power. The value to that permission depends on who should be first to give that group out to others. You'll probably want to have it set to 60 so only your admins and above can give it out (or anyone with i_group_member_add_power of 60 and above really).

In general to be able to hand out groups your own i_group_member_add_power must be equal to or higher than the needed_member_add_power of the group you want to give out. If a permission is removed then for comparison it's treated as a value of 0. So since the lower groups (hopefully) have no group_member_add_power assigned it'll translate to "if 0 >= 0" which in fact is true, so they're allowed to assign the group.
    thank you once i read the above reviewed my coding.

i_group_member_add_power |value = 30
    i_group_needed_member_add_power |value =30 grant = 75
    i_group_member_remove_power |value = 30 grant = 75

i only added grant permission not thinking, I didn't add value permissions.

sorry to waste your times guys, but thank you for the help i really do appreciate your time.

i hate it when its something so simple & you just cant see why things dont happen but its the most simple of simple things that are right in front of you.

join permission

ok i now have this server set up almost perfect just some small bugs left to fix.
    below are only 3 our of 7 levels of server groups
    serveradmin is fine with access of 75.
    TS mod working fine with access of 70.
    however admin with access of level 60.

now i am taken access of ignore passwords off as i need some rooms private.
    but since i am now using the permission access to the fullest some rooms with join & subscriptions to level 70 admins can still join these rooms. any ideas on what the issue could be as i have temp fixed this by making rooms access 71 + these all work great, just with level 70 just don't work.
    all other server groups below also work fine that i can see just admin. now when i go through admin there is nothing with me typing in 70 anywhere.

Flowed Permissions / Inherited Permissions

Hi,

I'm wanting to setup a channel with a few sub channels and restrict it to a small group of people.
    IE:

<Server>
    Lobby
    AFK
    -Group Channel
    --Sub Channel 1
    --Sub Channel 2
    -Other Channel
    -Other Channel

In the above scenario I would like a small group of users to have access to Group Channel and the 2 sub channels, whereas any other user can access all channels BUT those 3 channels. I'd also like to have it that they can be self moderated, IE, I can elect someone to have the ability to provide or deny access to these channels without providing server admin or high up permissions.

Personally I think server groups should be able to be provided on a per channel basis and this would solve a lot of headaches, but that's just me.

What would be the easiest way to go about this, if there is indeed a way?
    Last edited by dante696; November 23rd, 2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: merged

Step 1 Assign a channel group (must be able to moderate a channel and has enough join power for these channels) in Group Channel.
    Step 2 set a needed join power on Group Channel, Sub Channel 1, Sub Channel 2 that is equal to the channel group.
    Step 3 set a channel group (that has enough join power for these channels) in Group Channel. So you have a moderator and a guest group just for these channels.

Server groups with equal or more join power will still be able to join the channel!

@SYDStealthy
    Your server group seems to have b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled and will ignore channel permissions by default.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/8...rmissions-help
    Last edited by dante696; November 24th, 2015 at 12:22 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SYDStealthy View Post
    ok i now have this server set up almost perfect just some small bugs left to fix.
    below are only 3 our of 7 levels of server groups
    serveradmin is fine with access of 75.
    TS mod working fine with access of 70.
    however admin with access of level 60.

now i am taken access of ignore passwords off as i need some rooms private.
    but since i am now using the permission access to the fullest some rooms with join & subscriptions to level 70 admins can still join these rooms. any ideas on what the issue could be as i have temp fixed this by making rooms access 71 + these all work great, just with level 70 just don't work.
    all other server groups below also work fine that i can see just admin. now when i go through admin there is nothing with me typing in 70 anywhere.
    Hi dante696,

Thank you for trying to reply to me, however my question isn't how it works.
    my question is taking OFF b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions & b_channel_join_ignore_password.

see i have disabled both of these & made each channel by join powers. however admins with a power of 60 can join channels with 70 but not 71.
    this is what's not making any sense, has anyone ever heard of this problem?

Please let such admin join the channel with needed join power of 70 and then open his permissions overview via right-click -> Permissions.
    Now enter Join into the filter. This will show you why the user can join the channel.
    All at the bottom of the list shows the active permisions (result of all permissions) for the current channel.

Name:  join power perms overview.png
Views: 381
Size:  31.5 KB

If you are unable to find the reason, export it as txt and then add it here.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Guests can give others server groups. How to fix?

Hello, the guests can give other people (them selves too) server groups. The groups the can give are editted coppied guest groups. They can't give a admin group to anyone only those editted coppied guest server groups. I tried to look for the permission which allows them to give server groups. I can't find it. How to fix this?
    Last edited by dante696; May 3rd, 2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: merged

Allow guest users to join a group

Basically I want the guest users to be able to join server groups without me assigning it to them.
    e.g.
    Guest group (DEFAULT)
    Server group "A" Locked

So I want to allow users to join server group "A".
    Any help appreciated.

This should have been posted under Permission System

Simple, put the Guest's i_group_member_add_power to 5
    +
    At the server groups you want them to be able to add themselves to, put that group its i_group_member_needed_add_power to 5.

Guests themselves changing rights

Hello, I asked for advice on my TS3 guests can make themselves to change the server and channle group and I do not know how to disable it. Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; June 12th, 2016 at 02:50 AM. Reason: merged

Your groups miss the permission i_group_needed_member_add_power or their value is lower than Guest's i_group_member_add_power.

Permission help

How can I set it so a lower level admin can give server groups such as "Member" but not admin ranks
    Last edited by dante696; August 3rd, 2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: merged

Read full post first before you act.

Set Admin's i_group_needed_member_add_power higher as their own i_group_member_add_power.
    And Member's i_group_needed_member_add_power need to be same or lower as Admin's i_group_member_add_power.

Hint:
    But make sure you have another server group which has more or same i_group_member_add_power as Admin's i_group_needed_member_add_power. Else nobody will be able to add anyone again.

How do you limit what server and channel group a server group can assign?

Hi! I need help with limiting what groups a server group can assign. I use the advanced permissions system but I don't know where to find the right thing to modify. Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; August 26th, 2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information